Sunday, September 15, 2013

Another wedding update

Days into engagement: 213

Days until wedding: 76

Since my last update, we've accomplished the following:
  • sent in the florist contract and paid our deposit
  • scheduled our engagement photo session -- September 29!
  • bought a dress for my bachelorette party
  • worked with a local calligrapher to design monograms for our wedding suite and decide how our envelopes will be addressed
  • finalized the design and wording of our invitations, insert cards, RSVP cards, and thank you notes -- They're BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait for our guests to receive them in the mail :)
  • planned the rehearsal dinner menu and schedule
  • had our wedding announcement run in the September issue of Inside Columbia
  • started receiving wedding shower gifts
  • shopped for and bought our wedding bands!
  • ordered and received my "Mrs. Randolph" hanger :)
  • decided on decor for our ceremony
  • bought my under-the-dress essentials and my wedding shoes
  • finalized tux decisions for Tom, the groomsmen, and our dads
  • bought earrings for the bridesmaids
  • received a tentative wedding day schedule from our photographer
  • threw around a million different ideas for our wedding day -- a private dance, rituals and readings for our ceremony, photo ideas, etc.
According to my planning checklist on TheKnot.com, I have 100 more things to accomplish before Tom and I say "I do." There's still so much left to do, but I'm so excited. I can't wait to marry my best friend :)

    1 comment:

    Jenna Secrist said...

    oh, girl. this is the most exciting time--but i know how much work it is! i got married two months ago and planning the wedding became my 2nd full time job. trust me, all of your hard work will pay off in the end. jsut remember, the more you get done sooner, the less you will have to do on the week of your wedding. :)

    have fun, and let me know if you need any DIY ideas. ;)

    xx jenna

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...