Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Wedding update: What we've accomplished so far

Days into engagement: 132

Things we've accomplished:
  • picked a wedding date
  • selected a venue for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception (Doing everything in one place makes planning much easier.)
  • nailed down a caterer (Killed this second bird with the same stone by having the reception at a hotel.)
  • tried on, purchased, and ordered my dress (It was the third one I tried on, I totally had the moment, and I LOVE it!)
  • took unofficial engagement photos (I love having talented friends.)
  • ordered, reordered, and sent out save the dates
  • registered for gifts at a few stores
  • chose the bridesmaids' dresses (It was the third style my lovely bridesmaid, Lindsay, tried on!)
  • booked a block of rooms for out of towners (Again, that hotel thing can't be beat.)
  • finalized where we'll stay the night before and the night of the wedding
  • created our wedding website
  • handed off my bridal shower and bachelorette party lists to my wonderful MOH
  • contacted about a million photographers (Choosing one will be the next step.)
  • was notified by my MOH that the dates of my shower and bachelorette party have been set
  • scheduled our tasting
According to my wedding planning checklist on the The Knot, only 142 things -- and 157 days -- to go! I'm excited, stressed, happy, nervous (and maybe slightly crazy) all at once.

1 comment:

Mëlissa Bakër said...

Sounds like things are coming together for you guys nicely! Still so excited for you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...