Sunday, February 10, 2013

Brain dump

Jibboom graduated from intermediate training class on Tuesday! All of us worked really hard over the past six weeks. He's just a little too smart for his own good. Stinker. We celebrated with a puppy cone from Andy's. See the cuteness here :)
Boyfriend and I celebrated four wonderful years together on January 30. We treated ourselves to a relaxing couple's massage the weekend before, Boyfriend came home with flowers the night of, and we rounded out the celebration with a delicious dinner at The Wine Cellar and Bistro (seriously, I can't recommend it enough!) last Friday night. A week-long celebration was perfect for that weird point between "I can't believe it's already been four years" and "I can't believe it's only been four years" :)
Gotta love selfies, right?
I decided to stop protesting and join Boyfriend on his quest to cut out carbs. So far, so good (well, except for that one day...and I paid for it the day after by feeling awful with a capital A). We're both trying to limit our daily intake of carbs to 100g or less. Eventually, I'll probably decrease that number, but it's definitely a good starting point. Honestly, it hasn't been that difficult, although I do tend to max out my carb count by around noon each day. Oh well, I guess it's better to eat the "bad" stuff in the morning and make healthier choices as the day progresses as opposed to eating the "bad" stuff all day long.

I got my first-ever gel manicure recently, and I'm officially a convert! It's been almost two weeks since I got it, and there's not a chip in sight. Clearly I was missing out big time. I'm currently sporting OPI's Bogota Blackberry.
I treated myself to a little retail therapy last weekend and scored deal after deal at Old Navy. We're talking $6 sweaters and dresses. BOOM.

I finally saw Les Miserables, and as much as I wanted to be wowed, I wasn't. Maybe I built it up too much beforehand, but I thought it was good -- not great. Mostly, I just felt nostalgic for my junior year of high school when I was in my school's production of it (one of my favorite high school memories by far). Anne Hathaway's performance was fantastic, and Hugh Jackman was good, but -- in my opinion -- Russell Crowe was a poor choice for Javert. His singing doesn't hold a candle to the other actors'. Still, I'm glad I saw it. It's been on my to-do list for a while, and now I'm that much more prepared for the upcoming Academy Awards. I just need to see Lincoln (well, and Amour, Life of Pi, and Beasts of the Southern Wild (?)). Argo, Zero Dark Thirty, and Silver Linings Playbook were all fantastic.

Speaking of fantastic: Destiny's Child at the Beyonce Bowl. My inner 14 year old died. It was AWESOME. Beyonce really killed it. I liked most of the commercials (see them all here), and Boyfriend and I made it through the entire game -- blackout included -- so that's something.

Boyfriend and I have officially started apartment hunting for when our lease is up in July. So that's fun. Not.

I'm 13 classes through my Pure Barre studio's 20 classes in 30 days challenge. Those dang pushups get easier every day, and I feel stronger and more motivated after each class (a sticker chart helps with that, FYI). Attending class at 5:30 am isn't getting easier, but the lifting, toning, and burning is worth it. Here's to looking hot and being healthy!

Speaking of looking hot and being healthy, I've decided to add some cardio to my workout routine. On days that I don't do Pure Barre (usually Mondays and Fridays), I'll be on the elliptical in the gym at my apartment complex. This past Thursday was my first night, and I was pleasantly surprised. I've never had great stamina, but I was able to really push myself and ended up doing a little more than 4.5 miles. I'm pretty proud, and I'm 100% certain I have Pure Barre to thank for my endurance boost :)

I've had the pleasure of attending a few celebrations recently. A beautiful bridal shower at Les Bourgeois, a dear friend's birthday at our favorite sushi place, a quick dinner with friends as they passed through town, and my work's team building activity at The Canvas on Broadway (and the following happy hour at Shiloh) -- all a blast. Here's my painting. Try not to judge me too hard.
Boyfriend and I are the Central Missouri Humane Society's volunteers of the month :) On a sad note, there was recently a crisis at the shelter, and nearly everything had to be thrown out. Dogs and cats need a LOT of stuff. If you want to help restock the shelter, learn more here.

And now, back to the Grammy's. Mumford and Son's just took the stage :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...