Saturday, January 5, 2013

Oh What Fun!

This year, Boyfriend and I had the pleasure of attending three holiday parties!

The first party, on December 7, was for my sorority's alumnae chapter. The evening started with drinks and appetizers at the president's home. We all went to 44 Stone for dinner, and then a few of us ventured to the Magic Tree for a few festive photos. It was such an enjoyable evening, and I had a blast getting to catch up with my sisters!
Photo by Heather Benson
Photo courtesy of Heather Benson
On December 15, we went to Boyfriend's company holiday party at the Boone County Fairgrounds. Now, I must preface this by saying that Boyfriend works at one of the most rapid-growing companies in the country and one of the largest companies in Columbia, so with approximately 1,800 people in attendance, the only place this party could be held was the fairgrounds. Needless to say, it was HUGE and way over the top. What am I talking about? Open bar, countless food stations (we're talking foods from all types of cuisines, hot cocoa, egg nog, candy bar, make-your-own s'mores, snack food, etc.), a hot dog stand, a Pepe's food truck, performances by the Mizzou Golden Girls and the 82nd Airborne Division, lots of prizes (including a loaded 2013 BMW and an all-expenses paid trip to Europe), an ice skating rink in the middle of the room, horse-drawn carriage rides, photos booths, and lots more. It was by far the most elaborate party I've ever been to, and you better believe we'll be attending the party every year we're able to.
On December 28, my company had our Christmas party. Based on what I'd heard from my coworkers about past parties, I knew Boyfriend and I were in for a good time, and the evening did not disappoint. The night started at my office with drinks, appetizers, and a white elephant gift exchange. Boyfriend and I ended up getting a bottle of Rumpleminze and these hilarious foot massager/washer slipper things. My coworker and I had a blast setting up a photo booth and getting props for pre-dinner photos, and everyone had fun taking goofy pictures.
The ridiculously cheesy photo booth
Dinner was served family style at Sycamore, which is one of the nicest restaurants in Columbia. Believe me, the food was delicious, and the wine was flowing. After dinner, we stopped in at On the Rocks to check the score of the Mizzou basketball game, and then we headed next door to Piano Bar to enjoy bottle service in the VIP section all night. My boss went all out for our Christmas party, and Boyfriend and I had a blast partying with my coworkers. We hit some big milestones at work this year, and this party was the perfect way to celebrate :)

I'm still waiting on some pictures from one of my coworkers, but these are the few I managed to take throughout the evening.
Boyfriend enjoying the cheesy photo booth props and free drinks at my office
It was snowing when we left at the end of the night!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...