Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Fearless?

I wouldn't exactly call myself fearless. In fact, I'm a worrier and tend to think about the worst case scenario more often than I care to admit. I have, however, done a few adventurous things over the years.
  1. Parasailing
  2. Offroading in dune buggies in Alaska
  3. Ziplining across the rain forest in Costa Rica
  4. Swimming in the Dead Sea in pouring rain and freezing temperatures (after shaving my legs no less--the burn was one of the most painful things I've ever experienced)
  5. Ummm, I've done a few more bad-ass things, but I just can't think of them at the moment...
Anyway, I'm about to get really adventurous in the next few weeks. And I'm 100 percent terrified/excited/certain I've lost my mind.

This Friday, I'm going paintballing with work. Yep, I said paintballing. I've always wanted to go, and I'm excited that it's my company's team-building event this month, but I'm still terrified. I have a pretty low tolerance for pain, and Boyfriend (a seasoned paintballer) went paintballing about a month ago and came home covered in bruises and welts, so my chances of getting out unscathed aren't very good. Still, paintballing is on my bucket list, so I'm excited. I'll just be the one bundled up in a parka out on the field (field?).

I know that I've definitely lost my mind because I'm doing the Warrior Dash with some friends on September 29th in Old Monore, MO. The Warrior Dash is an intense obstacle course that is spread out over 3.17 miles. Think fire, mud, barbed wire, nets, tall walls to scale and repel down, rusted cars, ice cold water, the works. Yep, I'm crazy, I know. Obviously, my friends and I aren't planning on running the whole race. In fact, we're just hoping to make it through the obstacles in one piece. Again, I'm absolutely terrified (like, paintballing x 1,000), but I'm sure it will be fun, or at least hilarious and will make for a good story later. You know, once we've recovered.

Fearless? Hell no. Up for a good time? You bet.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...