Sunday, August 5, 2012

If you knew me...

...you'd know I'm basically blind without my contacts or glasses.
...you'd know I wish I was a skilled photographer.
...you'd know I sometimes feel years older than my friends.
...you'd know I'm perfectly content with my life as it is right at this moment.
...you'd know I want a dog to join our little family really soon.
...you'd know I try my best in the kitchen and am genuinely thrilled when things work out.
...you'd know my family is incredibly important to me, more important than I let on most of the time.
...you'd know I feel lucky to have the experience and the job I have. As a recent graduate in a pretty bad economy, it's not something I take for granted.
...you'd know forehead kisses can instantly brighten my day.
...you'd know how embarassed I am that I haven't blogged about my trips to Israel, Destin, and China.
...you'd know I love giving surprises--small or large. The reactions are my favorite part.
....you'd know I love to take naps and sleep in, but I never want to waste my weekends.
...you'd know I'm concerned that I come off as a snob to others.
...you'd know I want to travel the world. I can't think of a place I wouldn't go if ever given the opportunity.
...you'd know being healthy is important to me, but I often lack motivation to take better care of myself.
...you'd know I wish I was craftier. I have boards and boards of crafts and DIY projects on Pinterest that will never be attempted.
...you'd know I'm thankful for the experience of transferring schools and spending those two years at home. I learned a lot about myself.
...you'd know I'm afraid of getting older.
...you'd know birthdays are a big deal.
...you'd know I wish singing was still a part of my everyday life.
...you'd know I know how incredibly lucky I am to be in a relationship with my best friend. It's not something--and he's not someone--I ever want to take for granted.
...you'd know I'm always up for a social event.
...you'd know I'm a planner and that, sometimes, I have a hard time going with the flow.
...you'd know I'm still learning how to be financially independent. It's a process.
...you'd know eating out and chocolate peanut butter ice cream are my weaknesses.
...you'd know I sweat the small stuff.
...you'd know that even though I've had the opportunity to see the world, I'm not jaded or "used" to traveling to far-away places. On every trip I take, I still look around and think, "I can't believe I'm here."
...you'd know I have little tolerance for stupidity.
...you'd know I love getting feedback on my writing. It's the best feeling to know that people read--and like--something that I put a lot of time and thought into.
...you'd know I believe things happen for a reason.

1 comment:

ER said...

Well, now I know you little better. I should do a post like this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...