Monday, May 14, 2012

On Living with a Boy

I've officially lived with Boyfriend for a little over a week now, and here are just a few of the things I've noticed.

He never leaves the toilet seat up. Extra kisses for you, Boyfriend.

He tells me everything I cook tastes good, and he always thanks me for making dinner.

He says he'll do the dishes because I cooked, but I usually end up doing them. When I'm done, he'll thoroughly re-rinse the semi-rinsed dishes I already put in the dishwasher.

He cleaned up all of his computer stuff because he knew I wasn't happy about it being all over the kitchen counters. Thanks, Boyfriend. :)

He takes off his shoes in the entryway as soon as he comes through the door, and that's where they stay until it's time for him to leave again.

He asks me if the noise from his computer game will bother me as I write and then tells me that he can put on his headphones because he wants me to stay in the room with him. :)

He didn't give me a lecture about money when I told him I needed not one, but two Pyrex baking dishes. :)

He was smart enough to splurge on super speedy Internet. I seriously don't know what I would have done without it.

He has the worst allergies ever. :(

He lined all of the burners on the stove with foil so that we don't have to clean them as often.

He likes to buy in bulk.

He calculates everything at the grocery store, which means that I don't have to.

He watches a lot of the same television shows as I do, which makes TV time easy and fun.

He immediately set up his Wii and Nintendo 64 in the living room.

He doesn't mind if I fall asleep early because that means he gets some uninterrupted computer game time.

He's resembles Superman when he moves furniture all the way up to our third-floor apartment.

He kisses me and tells me he loves me first thing in the morning and as he's falling asleep at night, which I have to say is quite possibly the best feeling in the world.

Of course, there will be more to come, but so far so good, right?

Sure, there are a few things I do that annoy him, but I have to say that I have been extremely conscious of washing makeup residue out of the sink and taking stray hairs out of the drain after I shower. I've even been making the bed every day, so I think I'm doing a pretty good job if I do say so myself. :)

Also, just because I don't want to get too far behind, here's what we've been eating over the past week or so...

On Tuesday, I made spaghetti and meat sauce! I obviously didn't use a recipe for this, but I did make some brownies for dessert using this recipe:

Easy Brownies

Ingredients: 1/2 cup butter or margarine, 1/4 cup cocoa, 1 cup granulated sugar, 3/4 cup flour, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup nuts (chopped)

Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter and let cool. Stir in sugar and vanilla. Beat in eggs. Stir cocoa and flour together. Blend into creamed mixture. Fold in nuts. Press into greased, floured 8x8 baking pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not overbake. Cool pan on wire rack before cutting into squares.
They turned out ugly, but they taste good!
On Wednesday night, I made baked salmon, mixed veggies, brown rice, and the breadsticks I meant to make with the spaghetti but forgot about. The salmon came already marinated and seasoned, so I can't really take credit for that, but everything tasted good, was the right temperature, and was ready at the same time, plus it was a pretty healthy meal, so I'm happy!
On Thursday night, we went to Boyfriend's boss' house to look at some furniture (more on that later), and I had plans to go out with some friends to celebrate their graduations, so dinner was quick. Boyfriend made some mac and cheese and tossed in the leftover ground beef from the meat sauce and corned beef from the camel's eye eggs. Simple, hearty, and delicious!

Some pictures from my night out at Piano Bar!:
We decided to go out on our first living-together date night on Friday, so we hit up Olive Garden for soup, salad, and bread sticks--so yummy! Afterwards, we saw The Avengers, which was really good and a lot funnier than I anticipated. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures from our date night, but it is nice to know that just because Boyfriend and I are living together, it doesn't mean that all romance has to go out the window. :)

On Saturday, we ventured to St. Louis to celebrate Boyfriend's sister's college graduation. I even got the chance to see my high school friend Vanika on campus after the ceremony! Afterward, Boyfriend and I went with his family to Canolli's in Florrisant for dinner. I had spinach and meat stuffed shells, and it was so good! I'm excited to eat my leftovers for lunch one day this week. I really enjoyed getting to spend time with Boyfriend's family, and I like that I'll be able to get to know them better now that I'm living here.

Yesterday, we spent most of the afternoon moving furniture (again, more on that later) and most of the evening unpacking and getting the apartment set up, so we just grabbed a pizza for dinner. Not the most nutritious meal ever, but it was easy and we have plenty of leftovers.

This week, I'm excited to break out my crock post and George Foreman grill. I think breakfast for dinner is going to happen one night, too!

2 comments:

rockerest said...

I stand behind my obsessive cleanliness. :)

Brittany said...

Jealous of his self proclaimed obsessive cleanliness! Let's get some of that to rub off on Ryan! ;) But really, it sounds like your transition to living with each other is going smoothly so far!

I'm excited to see more glimpses of your apartment!

Also, thanks for the heads up on the button! I think I fixed it--let me know if it works now :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...