Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Weakness

Even when you've had a big lunch, and even when you're making EVERY effort to eat as healthy as possible, you can't say no to a free ah-maz-ing looking cupcake, right? Right. Glad we're on the same page.

My bosses brought in cupcakes the other day from Susie's Sweet Boutique in Roanoke, Texas. This little sweet shop is just down the street from my office, but I've never been in there. After tasting one of their cupcakes, however, stopping in before I leave town is definitely on my to-do list!

Now, on to the cupcake!

Complete deliciousness--and the best leftover birthday napkin ever if I do say so myself!
I have a total chocolate/peanut butter weakness. There's just something about that combination that literally makes me weak in the knees. It's my one and only (ha!) vice! Sooooo when I found out that there was a chocolate/peanut butter cupcake in the box, I may or may not have called dibs.

And that little cupcake did not disappoint! The cake was chocolatey, but not too sweet, and the frosting was the perfect blend of cream cheese and peanut butter. The piece of peanut butter cup on top was a delicious touch! The best part, however, was on the inside.

Three words: peanut butter filling. Pretty sure I died and went to cupcake heaven.

I was told that the Mississippi Mud and Red Velvet cupcakes were "pretty freaking awesome," as well.

Ah, the work of a cupcake blogger is never done!

Next time you're in Roanoke, stop in at Susie's Sweet Boutique!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...