Friday, April 6, 2012

B is for Button

I (somewhat) overhauled my blog a few weeks ago and, in the process, found out that I have absolutely NO skills when it comes to graphic design. My attempts at making a blog button were bad with a capital B. Check them out:


Thankfully, however, I have very talented and generous sorority sisters. In this case, I'm specifically talking about my forever-fabulous Phi Mu sister Katie of LiveOriginally, which happens to be one of the prettiest little blogs around. Katie volunteered to make a blog button for me because she wanted the practice. Such a doll, right?!

After a few emails back and forth, Katie totally created the image I had in mind--something simple, classic, and girly that's neutral and timeless enough to use for a long time with a variety of blog designs. She was even kind enough to make a few variations of the button in case I want to change things up in the future.

I LOVE them!


Thank you SO much, Katie! I love them, and I think the sparkly one looks pretty fabulous on my blog--although I can't wait to use them all! As for the rest of you, you're MORE than welcome to grab a button from over on the right while you're here! :)

Katie will have her own button on What's On My Mind... very soon. In the meantime, go on over to LiveOriginally (you'll be happy you did) and show Katie a little love!

2 comments:

Katie said...

You underestimate your design skills!!

Thanks for the compliments and the shout out - I'm honored! :)

Thanks also for giving me the chance to practice. If you ever need anything else, you just let me know! :)

Sara said...

Katie, thanks again! Send your button on over to me once you're ready!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...