Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Fit and Fabulous...or at Least Getting There

For a few weeks now, I've been yogaing and Zumbaing (again), and I started cleansing on Monday.

I've also been making an effort to take better care of my skin and my hair, as well as my mind and my body. Reading more. Sleeping more. Drinking more water. Trying to eat better. I'm even flossing, which is something I haven't done in a looooong time.

Basically, I'm trying to become better and, as cheesy as it sounds, totally fit and fabulous.

I've accepted that I'm never going to be a size two, but that doesn't mean that I can't be healthy in every sense of the word.

Why the push now? I'm not really sure. I guess it has something to do with the fact that I'm moving out on my own soon and will have the ability to make my own choices when it comes to grocery shopping, cooking, and living my day to day life. Also, if I don't make a change now, when will I get around to doing it?

I realize I'm not morbidly obese and not unhealthy to the point that I can't function, but a little fitness, moderation, and overall wellness never hurt anyone. In fact, they do the opposite.

So here's to being healthy and happy for years and years to come. I'll post about my cleanse when I'm all done!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

You go girl! I've never been on a cleanse, but I love Zumba. Definitely update us on how the cleanse goes!!

I'm kind of freakishly excited for you to get a blank slate of an apartment and decorate it. Haha. We also had like zero furniture when we moved (except our bed frame and my desk) so I craigslisted some of it, visited thrift stores & consignment shops, and then we splurged on a futon (since we don't have a guest room we wanted a good place for people to sleep) and a chair. I bet you can find a lot on craigslist since you're moving toward the end of the semester when some people are moving out! I'll probably stalk craigslist and send you links...cuz that's how I roll!

Sara said...

I'm counting on Craigslist and thrift stores. I'm not really a fan of the idea of getting upholstered furniture from Craigslist, but I might have to get over that. And I'm really nervous that we're going to sacrifice style/cohesiveness for good prices, and I don't want that at all.

I'm kind of stressed about it haha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...