Thursday, February 2, 2012

My Best Friend's Wedding

More two months ago (eek I'm super behind), my best friend/pledge baby married the man of her dreams. Seriously, I don't know if I know a couple who is more perfect for one another than they are-- and they should be this perfect since they've been together for almost 9 years!

The weekend was a blast-- reuniting with my best friends, blubbering through a totally incoherent toast at the rehearsal dinner in downtown Houston, enjoying a low-key-and-totally-awesome bachelorette party/girls' night in (complete with delicious food, fun decorations, a ridiculous light-up diamond ring, and lots and lots of lingerie), getting to know the couple's extended families at a sunflower and bluebonnet-bedazzled bridal luncheon (that I had so much fun planning with Whitney's mom), and, of course, getting ready for the wedding, taking pictures, keeping the bride out of her groom's sight before the ceremony, standing next to Whitney as her and Josh tied the knot, dancing the night away (with a mashed potato bar and a pretty intense cake smashing session by the new Mr. and Mrs.), wishing we could linger a little longer, and continuing the party with my fellow bridesmaids and groomsmen afterwards-- yeah it was awesome.
my toast at the rehearsal dinner
reunited and it feels so good!
bachelorette party
bridal luncheon--check out my centerpieces!
wish/advice jars for the newlyweds
bridesmaids
totally texas-fied welcome bags
beyond amazing bridesmaids gifts!
garter time!
pinning my badge inside of her dress :)
we're just really pretty...
such a beautiful bride!
the newlyweds!
smashing the cake
wonderful friends
"mmm i want to linger..."
Just another example of how my pledge baby is really a million years older than me. At least she asked to use my pin as her something borrowed. :)

Love you so much, Whitney and Josh! Thanks for bringing everyone together for your beautiful wedding weekend.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...