Thursday, February 16, 2012

February Birchbox

My February Birchbox arrived yesterday (which, by the way, makes last month's box my January box...just in case you were wondering), and I have to say it's AWESOME! I literally squealed with excitement when I opened up my box and saw what was inside. Good job, Birchbox! Way to rock.

To find out a little more about Birchbox (and treat yourself to the gift that keeps on giving), go here.

And now, on to the goodies!

The theme of this month's box was Spotlight.
First Impressions:
  • beautyblender the original beautyblender: I don't usually use liquid foundation, so I'm not sure how much I'll actually use this sponge. Still, I've heard amazing things about beautyblender products from other people, so I know I'll give it a try at some point. I mean, who doesn't want to look airbrushed?
  • Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint: Thanks to my January Birchbox, I'm already a fan of Jouer, so I'm excited to try this tinted moisturizer. Dewy, glowing skin, here I come!
  • Orofluido Beauty Elixir: I was literally JUST talking about how I want to find a great deep conditioning/moisturizing hair treatment, so I'm hopeful that this product will be just what I'm looking for.
  • Violent Lips Temporary Lip Tattoos: I was a little intimidated to see these in my box just because I have no idea where I'll wear them. Still, they're super fun and a little out of the box, so I'll probably give them a try at some point.
  • Lifestyle Extra Nail File: In addition to this being super cute, super neon, and super Valentine's-y, I never seem to have a nail file when I need one, so this little baby is going in my bag right away.
  • Birchbox Digital Download Green River Ordinance: I've never heard of this band, but I'm always up for expanding my music library, especially when it's for free!
Also, after falling in love with my sample of Jouer's Moisturizing Lip Gloss in Birchbox Pink from my January box, I went online to order a full-size one only to learn that they were sold out and there was a waiting list. Birchbox finally got more in, so I cashed in my points and snatched up two of the mid-size tubes as a Valentine's Day treat for myself.

What did you get in your Birchbox this month?

2 comments:

Katie said...

Can't wait to hear about how the Beauty Elixir works for you! I'm only "supposed" to use conditioner on the very tips of my hair so it doesn't weigh down the rest of it (I have very fine hair...and not much of it). If it's something you think might help with my split ends but not weigh me down, pretty please let me know!

Sara Aisenberg said...

Katie, I will definitely let you know! I'm super excited to try it. Obviously, our hair textures are very different, and I'm really looking for something make my hair shiny, well-moisturized, and soft, so hopefully it will do both!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...