Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Better Late Than Never

This was written a few weeks ago, probably the last week in January, so it doesn't exactly reflect how I feel at the moment (although some things still hold true). I don't want to say too much, but exciting news is coming, hopefully sooner rather than later.

The title above isn't about how behind I am on this blog (or episodes of Pretty Little Liars)--because both are true. Instead, it's about how, finally--more than a month after graduating from college--the Post Grad Blues have set in.

The fact that I'm a college graduate and am no longer in school has sunk in, and I'm starting to realize that I have no idea what I'm going to do with my life.

A little melodramatic? Yes, but it's how I feel right now.

When I walked across that stage and received my empty diploma cover (I'm still waiting on that all-important piece of paper to arrive), I knew that I'd start working full-time again at my internship-turned-hourly-job and that I'd be leaving for a two-week trip to Israel in about three weeks. Besides a highly-anticipated visit from Boyfriend over New Year's, those were my plans.

Now that Israel has come and gone, I realize that I have no plans, and that's really hard to swallow.

As a person who fully operates on having something to look forward to, I'm in a little bit of a black hole right now. It's only the promise I have that big things are coming sooner rather than later that's keeping me going.

Don't get me wrong, I have a great life--wonderful people who love and support me, more than I need to get by, opportunities, a good job in my field, etc., etc.-- I'm just trying to not fall into the black hole of day-to-day monotony and what if.

This whole having no plans thing is tough and a big change, but I've dealt with big change before and everything turned out pretty well, didn't it?

Right now, I'm trying to keep my eye on the prize, even if I'm still figuring out exactly what that prize is, and exploring all of my options. I have to admit that it's a little exciting and fully terrifying.

Be gone, Post Grad Blues. I have my whole life ahead of me. I just have to make it through this funk.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I hope your job search is going well! I'll be in the same place come May--I need some sort of job while Ryan finishes up school in Montana. I'm sure you'll find something great in CoMo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...