Monday, January 23, 2012

December/January Birchbox

Boyfriend took note of my shameless hinting on Wish List Wednesday and Twitter and gifted me a six-month subscription to Birchbox! I couldn't be more excited!

If you're not familiar with Birchbox, it's a monthly subscription of high-end beauty samples. You can rack up points to purchase the full-size products that you fall in love with. To find out more about Birchbox (or to gift yourself a subscription), visit birchbox.com.

Now, taking a cue from Sara over at You, Me & Anthropologie, I'll post about what's in my Birchbox each month. Because I received my box so early in January (and it's possible that it was sitting at the post office for a few days before I actually picked it up), I'm not sure if this is my December or January box. Guess I'll find out when I receive my second one!

First Impressions:
  • Harvey Prince Yogini: I'm very picky when it comes to perfumes, so I was a little disappointed to see a perfume sample in my box. I haven't worn it yet, but I did take a whiff, and I have to admit that I'm not a huge fan. Still, I'll probably give it a try at least once.
  • Jouer Moisturizing Lip Gloss in Birchbox Pink: Because I read Birchbox's blog, I read about this lip gloss when it was first released and was ecstatic to receive it in my box. I tried it, and I love love love it. In fact, I'm on the waiting list to buy a full-size one when they restock.
  • VMV Hypoallergenics Re-Everything: Face-Hand-Body Lotion: I'm a little wary of products that claim to do it all, plus I'm kind of picky about what products I use on my face, so I won't be using this as a facial moisturizer. You best believe, however, that I'll be using it on my hands and body. It smells and feels great. Plus, it's the perfect size to travel with.
  • Zoya Nail Polish in Kristen: I haven't tried it yet, but I was thrilled to see this polish in my box. Thanks to the nail salon, I have a similar shade on my toes right now, so it will be nice to have my own shade at home. My mom just received her Birchbox and she got a similar, but more pastel, purple-y shade. We'll definitely be sharing!
  • RECHARGE EBOOST Orange Natural Energy Booster: I'm not a huge fan of energy drinks, but I'll probably give this a try at some point.
What did you get in your Birchbox this month?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...