Friday, November 25, 2011

London Calling

London, Day 4
On our fourth day in London, we ventured outside the city and toured Windsor Castle, visited Stonehenge, and spent some time in Bath. I was so excited to get out of the city and see sites that not everyone gets to enjoy on a typical trip to London. The nerd that's obsessed with the royal family in me couldn't wait to see Windsor Castle, which has been the home of the sovereign for over 900 years, and the Jane Austen fanatic in me could not have been more thrilled to be touring Bath. Seeing Stonehenge was just an eerie experience all together. The tour was wonderful, and I encourage everyone to take in these sights if you ever have the opportunity.

Day 5
Our fifth day was a typical rainy day in London. We actually were very lucky because, besides this day, it did not rain at all- something totally unheard of for London Town. We spent the day getting lost in Harrods, which is amazing, by the way, and ventured out that night to see the city lit up and alive. We even got to see the set of the final Harry Potter premiere in Trafalgar Square immediately after the event!

Day 6
Our last day in London was spent exploring Covent Garden and Camden Market and taking in numerous sights, including St. Paul's Cathedral, Shakespeare's Globe Theater, Millennium Bridge, London Bridge, and everything else we happened to stumble upon. The next day, we headed to Heathrow and boarded a flight back to the good ol' Lone Star State.

Looking back on my trip to London, I can easily say that it was one of my favorite vacations ever. As I've said before, I just had the feeling that I belonged there, and I know that I'll make it back there someday. Until then, London will be calling.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...