Sunday, September 4, 2011

Found myself in a city near Piccadilly

London, Day 3

Each and every day we spent in London was jam packed with activities. We did not want to waste a second, and, as a result, we were BUSY!

We spent our third day in London taking in the sights on The London Eye, riding around on our tour bus, and at the Tower of London.

I loved The London Eye! I was a little skeptical about it at first just because it seems like such an obvious "tourist trap," but, after riding it, I really believe that it's worth the time and money. Each vessel on this nontraditional ferris wheel holds between 20 and 25 people, and it's literally impossible to stand in a spot where you don't have a great view. With floor-to-ceiling windows, it's easy to see for miles and enjoy the greatest view in all of London. I'd highly recommend it.

After getting off The Eye and walking around the Westminster area again- I had to say hi to Benny Boy and the abbey, of course- we jumped back on the bus and made our way to the Tower of London. While doing research for this trip, I quickly learned that the Tower is the most popular tourist attraction in London, and, therefore, a unanimous must-see. I had high hopes, but I have to admit that I was disappointed. I enjoyed parts, especially learning about the lineage of the royal family, but much of the Tower was dull and not what I expected at all.

That being said, I'm glad that we took the time to see it since it is such a historically-rich and popular attraction. While we were at the Tower, we waited in line for an hour to see The Crown Jewels, and I'm so happy we did. They were beyond amazing, and my favorite part of the day by far! I wish photos were allowed inside the vault because everything was to-die-for, and I couldn't believe that I was seeing crowns and jewels that have been used by the royal family for hundreds of years and still continue to be used today. If you're ever in London, The Crown Jewels are a must-see.

Stay tuned for Day 4, and check out my bucket list, Day 1, and Day 2.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...