Sunday, August 14, 2011

August Daybook

FOR TODAY
Outside my window...
is a dark, humid, hot evening.

I am thinking...
about nothing and a lot all at once. Mostly, I'm just content.

I am thankful...
for a lot: a healthy, happy relationship, a supportive family, never-ending opportunities, wonderful friends, and the list goes on and on.

From the learning rooms...
is pretty quiet this week. I finished up my summer class last week, and I'm just enjoying the week and a half of down time I have left before I begin my senior year of college.

In the kitchen...
is a stack of sticky bowls and spoons leftover from an ice-cream extravaganza.

I am wearing...
black and light pink Nike shorts, a turquoise t-shirt from a college apartment complex, my white Stella Fossil watch, and no makeup. Oh, the simplicity of summer.

I am creating...
a vision in my head of the perfect bridal shower for my best friend. I'm going to start a board on Pinterest. Speaking of which, I'm obsessed! If you haven't heard of Pinterest, you're missing out. Let me know if you want an invite!

I am going...
to work tomorrow morning. Bring it on, Monday!

I am wondering...
when I'll have time to sit down and finish reading The Help. I'm so close to being done!

I am reading...
The Help. I didn't plan my answer to the above question very well, obviously.

I am hoping...
this semester flies by. Graduation, here I come!

I am looking forward to...
starting school, believe it or not. I'm ready for a new routine, and I'm actually excited about a few of my classes.

I am hearing...
the click-clacks of fingers typing on a keyboard...or keyboards. We're all sitting around on our computers- such quality family time.

Around the house...
is status quo. Nothing new to report, but that's not always a bad thing.

I am pondering...
how I'm going to deal with a few things that are coming up in the near future. I really need to get the ball rolling and figure out what I'm going to do.

One of my favorite things...
is a night filled with good food, good friends, and good conversation, which is exactly what I got last night.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Work, going out, seeing a few friends before everyone heads back to school...

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
As I said above: Good food, good friends, and good conversation.
IMG_5050
Join in the Daybook fun here

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...