Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thursday Night Thoughts

I'm feeling the need to just write tonight. Just let things go and get it out, whatever it is.

I've realized that I'm okay. This year was tough for me. Really, really tough. There were a lot of tears shed and many moments where I thought I couldn't feel any smaller and alone.

You know what, though? I'm okay.

I took a look around the other day, and I realized that things worked out for me in the best way possible. I really believe that. If anything, I've gained so much in the past year, I have so much going for me: so many wonderful people in my life giving me their constant love and support, so many opportunities, the means to accomplish what I've set out to do, and I'm happy. It's taken me a while to get here, but I'm so lucky. I'm in a really good place, and I'm excited for everything to come.

So tonight, I'm writing for people I love that are going through tough times.

For the girl who has a lesson to learn and doesn't need anyone's input. She's making great strides, but has a long road ahead of her, and I'll be here for her every step of the way.

For the boy who just wants a new start and a place to really call home, but is walking that shaky ground alone. I'm excited for him and this new chapter he's beginning, and I'll be here for him every step of the way.

For the boy with amazing potential who tries his hardest to be successful in everything he does and who wants to seize every opportunity, but can't see the end of a dark tunnel right at this moment. I want him to keep his chin up, not focus on the minuscule details, and know that everything will work out, and that I'll be here for him- next to him- every step of the way.

And for everyone else needing a little love and encouragement, be patient. Whatever you're waiting for is coming and, most likely, in a way that will surprise you.

1 comment:

sherilee said...

A lovely encouraging post. Your friends are lucky to have your support.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...