Sunday, July 10, 2011

10/16

  1. Take a phone booth picture. The cheesier and more touristy it is, the better.
    IMG_4913
  2. Buy some sort of Royal Wedding memorabilia.  Again, the cheesier, the better.
  3. Have a traditional meal of fish and chips with a beer. It only counts if it's in a pub frequented by the locals.
    IMG_4588
    Traditional English meal of Fish & Chips and Mushy Peas with a Stella
  4. Visit Platform 9&3/4.
  5. Take a Beatles-esque picture on Abbey Road.
  6. Find out the real meaning behind Fergie's "London Bridge" song. Hahahaha just kidding.
  7. Eat a macaron-or five-at Laduree in Harrod's. I've been told I have to try the caramel with salted butter, but I've also got my eye on the pistachio and Madagascar chocolate.
    IMG_4904
    IMG_4910
    Our macarons from Laduree- I tried caramel with salted butter and pistachio.
  8. See something Jane Austen/Pride and Prejudice related. I would love to see her home, but it's a few hours outside of London, so I won't be able to, but I'll gladly settle for seeing something else about her and her works. Hopefully we'll stumble across something.
    IMG_4869
    The Jane Austen Center in Bath- We actually passed Jane Austen's house on the way to Bath, but we were moving too fast for me to take a picture. Mission accomplished!
  9. I have a very specific list of souvenirs to get, so I must stick to it.
  10. My boss wants me to take a picture with a guard, so I'll go ahead and put that on here. If I can get him to crack a smile- even better.
  11. Take a Phi Mu-fabulous picture with one of the lion statues in Trafalgar Square.
    IMG_4969
    You can't see the lion behind me, but I promise it's there!
  12. Fake a British accent at least once. Not to be rude or be a "stupid American," though. Just because I love them and I'm so jealous of people who have them.
  13. Sneak a picture or two inside Westminster Abbey. Apparently taking pictures inside isn't allowed, but come on, how do you expect people to refrain from taking pictures? It's amazing! I'll just make sure my flash is off when I'm taking the picture from inside my purse.
    IMG_4675
  14. Have high tea. I know this probably won't happen, but how cool would that be?
  15. Oh, I've already thought of something else. Order a drink on the plane because on my last trip overseas, I wasn't old enough yet, and nothing says vacation like an airplane cocktail.
    IMG_4550
    Bon Voyage Champagne
  16. Sing the beginning of One Republic's "Good Life" while at Piccadilly Circus.
    IMG_4586
I had such an amazing time in London, and I can't wait to post all about it! I'm proud of everything I was able to check off my list, but I still have a ways to go. Guess this means I'll have to make it back to London someday! :]

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...