Saturday, June 25, 2011

One Week- España, Part 6

España, Part 1
España, Part 2
España, Part 3
España, Part 4
España, Part 5

In exactly one week from today, I will be boarding a plane to London!!! I am so excited, especially since London has always been at the top of my list of places to travel to.

I also realized that with one week left before my next European adventure, it is long past the time I should have finished blogging about my last one. So, here it is: the last of my December vacation in Spain.

On the last day of our trip, which happened to be New Year's Eve, we drove to Ronda, one of the oldest cities in the Andalucia region of Spain. Ronda is absolutely breathtaking! So much of the old city is still there and intact, but it blends seamlessly with the new area. In my mind, Ronda is exactly what I had pictured Spain would look like.

As the birthplace of bull fighting, Ronda is a popular tourist town, but it's not busy and crowded like you would expect it to be. In fact, it's very peaceful and it seems like a great place to visit if you're looking for a relaxing vacation in a place with a rich history and culture.

We spent our time walking around the city, winding in and out of leather shops, and finally made our way to Puente Nuevo, the bridge separating Old Ronda from New Ronda. I think the view speaks for itself! I could not get over how beautiful it was!

Later that night, we enjoyed a delicious meal of traditional paella and wine to celebrate New Year's Eve and the end of an amazing trip! Bright and early the next morning, we packed up and headed to the airport.

Luckily, I'm only a week away from setting foot on European ground again!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...