Monday, May 2, 2011

There's a lot I want to say...

There's a lot I want to say about the way the general American public has reacted to the death of Osama bin Laden, but I think Gwen over at Everything I Like Causes Cancer said it best.

"The world breathes a sigh of relief that the foremost terrorist leader has been eliminated, and rightly so, but let's not lose sight of temperance and grace. This is far from over, and the actions we take and the words we speak today will color what happens in the future."

The eyes of the entire world are on us right now, and the celebrations/riots in the streets last night were disgraceful. No, I'm not going to mourn the loss of this horrible human being, and, yes, the world is a much better place now that he is gone, but openly celebrating a death doesn't make us any better than the people who we saw halfway across the world celebrating the deaths of countless innocent Americans.

My exact thoughts and feelings can be summed up in this article.

Let us use this time to reflect on the innocent people who have lost their lives at the hands of terrorists and in pursuit of our freedom. Let us band together and remember the morals and values our great country was founded on, not fall to the inhumane practices of our enemies.

God bless America.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." --Martin Luther King, Jr.

wilybrunette said...

beautifully said, my dear. beautifully said.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...