Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

I was lucky enough to spend my Memorial Day weekend visiting sunny, beautiful West Palm Beach, Florida with my family to celebrate my grandpa's 75th birthday!

We got to my grandparents' house pretty late on Friday night, but we managed to chat for a few minutes. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw them. I think it was Thanksgiving of 2009, but I'm not really sure. It was definitely good to see them and spend some time together!

On Saturday, we started the day off at the Henry Morrison Flagler museum and estate. Henry Flagler was a railroad tycoon and is credited with connecting Key West to the rest of Florida and the U.S. by rail. The mansion was exquisite and the views outside were just beautiful. I honestly can't begin to explain how much it thrills me to see palm trees in person!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

We went to a fabulous outdoor mall after we left the museum where we just walked around and enjoyed the gorgeous weather. We even got my grandparents, who are strict ice cream-eaters, to try some of that fancy frozen yogurt where you add all of your own toppings and pay by the ounce. I'm happy to say it was a hit! Later that night, we went out for a nice dinner to celebrate my grandpa's birthday.
Photobucket

On Sunday, we all slept in late and didn't have a lot of time since we had to leave for the airport around 3, so we just walked around the mall and had a late lunch/early dinner. Then my family and I headed to the airport and made our way back to Dallas.

I had such a good weekend, and I'm looking forward to seeing my grandparents when they're here in December for my college graduation!

I also loved coming home on Sunday night knowing that I didn't have work the next day because of the holiday. I spent my day off getting a pedicure, getting my tires balanced and rotated (so exciting, I know), and going out for sushi with my parents. Overall, I'd say it was a pretty successful weekend!

After a short day at work today, I'm already on weekend mode again. I'm off to St. Louis bright and early tomorrow morning to stand next to one of my best friends as she gets married. I can't wait to see Boyfriend, my friends, and celebrate!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...