Monday, May 23, 2011

Brain Dump

I haven't posted anything about my life in a while, and I can't sleep, so here it goes.

  1. I was originally planning on taking a Maymester class, but my professor was totally inflexible and wouldn't allow me to miss one day of class due to travel plans, so I ended up having to drop the course. Because of this, I started working full time at my internship 3 weeks earlier than I was supposed to. I'm now a full-fledged, 40-hour-a-week employee! It's kind of kicking my butt at the moment, but I'm sure I'll get used to it pretty soon.
  2. My heart goes out to everyone in Joplin, Missouri. Although I can't think of anyone off the top of my head, after going to school in Missouri, I'm sure I know people who are from Joplin (or at least people who know people who are). I've heard that the amount of damage is unbelievable and that the town is basically leveled. Keep sending positive thoughts to Joplin. They really need it right now.
  3. I've been slacking on my mission to learn how to cook this summer. I seriously haven't made anything except a batch of brownies...which were delicious, or at least that's what my coworkers (and boss' family) told me. While I am determined to get in the kitchen and start cooking, I am pretty proud that the brownies were completely made from scratch! I'll post the recipe as soon as I can dig it out of one of my stepmom's 85 cookbooks.
  4. Take a look at this. I mean, really? Need I say more? Thanks for sending this my way, Boyfriend! Photobucket
  5. This time next week, I will have just gotten home from celebrating my grandpa's 75th birthday with my family in Florida. 2 weeks from now, I will be hanging out with Boyfriend and friends, and recovering from the wedding of one of my best friends. 3 weeks from now, I will be hanging out with my best friends HERE in Dallas (rather than in Missouri, like usual) after the wedding of a Phi Mu sister. 6 weeks from now, I will be in London.
  6. Now that I'm not in school and literally have nothing to do when I'm not working, I want to read...for fun...which is something I haven't done in years. If you have any suggestions for good books-funny, cheesy, sad, trashy, whatever-send them my way!
  7. I bought new sandals from Gap today! I needed some neutral strappy sandals that will be comfortable to wear while walking around in London, and I found them at Gap on sale for only $25. Score!
  8. I was the lucky winner of the Drugstore Makeup Giveaway Sara over at You, Me, and Anthropologie hosted! I'm so excited to get my goodies in the mail! Thanks, Sara!
That's all I can think of right now, and I really need to go to sleep, being that I need to wake up in about 4.5 hours. Lovely.

Goodnight, all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the new look! June 21st, Chef Charley is haveing a cooking class outside our office. You should join me!
-JMN

Katie said...

Learning to cook has never really been a goal of mine...but it's prooobably a skill I should learn one of these days. :P You've already got me beat with brownies from scratch!

Words cannot even describe what I think about #4. OMGosh. SO FUNNY (well, the bottom half at least)!

LOVE the new layout!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...