Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Just to be clear

I am a big fan of this little wedding coming up in just a few short days. You know which one I'm talking about. The wedding of Wills and Kate, obviously.

In fact, I'm so excited that I have been glued to TLC all week watching (and rewatching) the shows about the royal family, speculation about what the big day will be like, and, of course, the amazing wedding of Charles and Diana almost 30 years ago.

I love the hype surrounding this wedding. I mean, what's not to love? The royal family, although they've had their ups and downs over the past few decades, is just fabulous and they remind me of a completely different time period. As a modern American, a royal family just seems so far out of grasp. Plus, it's obvious how in love William and Kate are. They've been together for years, live together, and it's totally apparent that they are a team, rather than her taking a back seat to the future king of England.

Plus, what's more like a fairytale than a beautiful "commoner" marrying her prince and becoming a princess? Sigh.

I know that everyone isn't a fan of all the hoopla, and I'm sure our founding fathers are rolling over in their graves knowing that so many Americans are going gaga over a British event, but I don't care. I'm excited.

And I'm pretty sure I'll be waking up at 4am on Friday to catch the live coverage.

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...