Wednesday, April 20, 2011

21 was lots of fun!

Okay, so that rhyme was lame, but my 21st birthday was anything but.

Let me preface this by saying that I'm a big fan of birthdays. I love going all out for the birthdays of the people I love, and, honestly, I expect the same in return. I like the idea of a birthday week, rather than a birthday day. With 21 being a very important birthday, I had big plans for my birthday celebration!

My friend Chelsea kicked off my birthday by taking me out at midnight. It was my first time going out in Denton, and we had a lot of fun! I couldn't believe I was finally allowed to order a drink!
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Unfortunately, I had a few tests on my birthday, but I went out to dinner that night with Chelsea at Outback, where my best friend Travis works. We just sat and had yummy drinks while we talked and enjoyed each other's company! Chelsea and I took full advantage of my 21-ness and went out again in Denton that night.
Photobucket

I worked the next day, but my bosses surprised me around 4pm by taking me out for margaritas! Then I headed home to Carrollton to meet my mom, stepdad, brother, and sister for my birthday dinner at Macaroni Grill. Dinner was so yummy, and I got this beautiful Fossil watch! After dinner, we headed home for cake and more presents!
PhotobucketPhotobucket

I went out to dinner with my dad, stepmom, and brother to celebrate my birthday the next night. We went to Roy's, one of our favorite restaurants, and I had a delicious Hawaiian martini. It was a great compliment to my Hawaiian-inspired birthday dessert!
Photobucket

I spent the rest of the weekend just hanging out, worked Monday and Tuesday, met my friends Emily and Alex for drinks, and hit the road with some friends early Wednesday morning for Columbia, Missouri. It was our Spring Break, so it was the perfect opportunity for me to celebrate my birthday with all of my friends in CoMo. After 10 hours on the road, we finally made it to the Mizzou campus and headed straight for the Phi Mu house. We were welcomed by big hugs and screams, and I was SO happy to see my beautiful sisters! We spent some time hanging out with them before we headed over to the rec center to pick Tom up from work before going to dinner.

As many times as we have done this, I always get so nervous before I see Tom for the first time after we've been apart for a while. As always, jumping into his arms was the best feeling ever. I don't think it will ever get old. After we picked Tom up, we made our way to HuHot, and Jill, Sherbs, Whitney, Josh, Tom, and I had a great dinner together. I love that my friends and I can always just pick up where we left off. It's like we never spent any time apart.

After dinner, I was greeted at Tom's house with a beautiful bouquet of pink roses. :]
Photobucket

We spent most of the next day on campus and in downtown Columbia. We hung out at the sorority house, checked out the awesome new student center, and got some ice cream at Sparky's. Even after visiting campus a few times since I've transferred, being on campus and among students is still a little odd to me. It's like I know I used to belong, but I don't quite belong there anymore. Regardless, it's still one of my favorite places in the world.
Photobucket

Tom surprised me that night by taking me on my birthday date! I had no idea what he had planned, but I was so excited. He's been a pretty sneaky planner over the past few months. We got ready, had a yummy dinner at a Mexican restaurant, and were on our way to our mystery activity. I had no idea what we were doing when we pulled up to a campus building that I had never been to. We walked inside, and I realized that he was taking me to see a play! It was a really simple gesture, but it was so thoughtful and I loved it! I love doing things together to celebrate special occasions, so this was totally right up my alley. The play was "Proof," which is based on a best-selling novel about a mathematician that suspects she's crazy, but is actually a genius. It was a really good show, and the entire night was very special.
Photobucket

After lunch with friends at Noodles & Co. on Friday, I went to class with Tom. The class was Mindful Writing and it's all about meditation and being mindful about the writing process. It was really interesting! Then, we ran some errands before heading home to get ready for my birthday celebration with my pledge daughter and best friend, Whitney. In true sorority fashion, we headed to The Heidelberg to attempt to take 21 birthday shots each. I was so excited to get my shot book, paddle, and celebrate with all of my friends! I have to say that I didn't make it all the way to 21 shots, but it was such a fun night and the perfect 21st birthday celebration!
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

I finally got to sleep in a little bit the next day before going to lunch with some of my favorite people. I just love catching up with my girls! I miss them so much! After lunch, I attempted to take a nap before getting ready for the Engineer Ball that night. I went over to Anna and Lindsay's to get ready and enjoyed catching up with them. Then, Tom picked me up and we went back to his house to finish getting ready for the big night. The Engineer Ball is the finale event of Mizzou's annual E-Week. The ball celebrates St. Patrick's Day, so everything is green and shamrock-clad, and "St. Patrick" even makes an appearance. This was my second time at the Engineer Ball and it was so fun to celebrate Tom's senior year. I was definitely with the best (and most handsome) engineer at the ball!
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Whitney, Josh, Kelsey, and I hit the road early Sunday morning to come home. As always, I had a really hard time saying goodbye to Tom. I hate saying goodbye, and it never gets easier. Luckily, we will be seeing each other in just a little over a month!

Obviously, this visit to CoMo was crazy! It was definitely more hectic than my visits usually are, but it was the perfect way to celebrate my 21st birthday, and I feel so lucky that I have so many people that wanted to celebrate with me and make it special. As of right now, I'm convinced that 21 was the last exciting birthday and that it's all downhill from here, but I'm sure that I'll change my mind when my birthday week rolls around next year.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...