Thursday, March 3, 2011

Awkward and Awesome



Awkward
  • My RA is super nice, but also super awkward. He came in to do the monthly (or weekly, it seems like) safety check of my room, and ran into the wall on his way out because he was walking backwards to talk to me. Like I said, super nice, but super awkward.
  • I have been so weepy lately. Seriously, a heartwarming commercial or song can just put me over the edge. A guy dedicating a song to his wife on the radio actually made me tear up in my car last night. I don't know what's going on with me, but at least I've been alone every time it's happened.
  • My computer got a little sick (aka completely died) this past weekend, so I had to make the dreaded trip to the Genius Bar at the Apple store. The whole system is weird. I get there, check in with someone who then has to struggle with his iPad AND iPod Touch combo which keep freezing up (awkward #1...I mean, we're in the store for crying out loud). Then, he informs me that he is going to look at me and type some notes about my appearance into his iPad so that the tech people can find me. Do I even have to mention how awkward that is?
  • Once the tech guy found me and was able to properly identify me, he just assumed that my computer was no longer under warranty. He was wrong, and my stepmom promptly told him so, adding that she has Macs that are older than him. A little awkward and a lot awesome.
  • My brother was awesome enough to lend me his computer while mine was being repaired, so I had to go through the process of setting up the internet to work in my dorm. Finally, I had to resort to calling the support line. After explaining what was going on, the guy on the other end told me to do a few things, which I did, and then told me the internet would work after I restarted the computer. No luck. I was so frustrated, so I called back, and the same guy tells me that he didn't give me the username and password I needed to connect. Thanks a lot, Apogee man.
  • I have seen the same commercial for Lumineers on TV at least 10 times this week. Dentistry is following me. 
  • We have weekly debates about controversial issues in my Spanish class. These are difficult not only because we are debating about tough topics, but we have to do it in SPANISH. The debate today was about marriage, specifically gay marriage, polygamy, and everything that falls into that category (children, religion, laws, and society). Talk about a doooozy.
Awesome
  • My mom got me a super cute cardigan. Just because. :]
  • I have girlfriends who allow me to complain and actually listen to me. It's a rare gift and every girl needs at least one. I'm lucky enough to have a few.
  • I'm also lucky enough to have a boyfriend who will stay on the phone with me (even if I'm not saying anything) just so he can try to make me feel better. I can get emotional sometimes (see above), and he knows all the right things to say. He wants me to be happy, and that is so beyond awesome.
  • I had a substitute in Chem. lab on Monday night. The first thing he told us was that the lab for that night was a long one. Then, he told half the class to do the first half of the procedure, and the other half to do the second half of the procedure. Once we were done, he told us to swap answers and peace out. Whatever you say, Prof!
  • Can I just talk about the GORGEOUS weather we have been having lately? It is perfect. I sat on a bench swing in the sun and read The Great Gatsby between classes yesterday. It doesn't get much better than that.
  • We talked about blogging in not one, but two of my classes this week. Enough said.
  • I was a total fatty last night at Chipotle. I had a buy one get one free coupon that expired today, so I cashed it in and paid for my two meals with my gift card from wonderful Boyfriend. It was a little awkward walking out with my two burrito bowls, but I had dinner for last night and have dinner for tonight for the price of one, and I didn't really even pay for it.
  • I will be 21 this time next week!!!
  • I got 100% on my chemistry exam. Heck yesssss!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...