Friday, February 11, 2011

Realization

I'm content with my life.

Sounds simple, but it's actually kind of a big deal. I'm in a really good place right now.

Truthfully, I didn't think I'd get here.

The past eight months or so brought about some big changes, and I didn't have much faith that I would get over them. Sure, I knew the shock factor of transferring schools would eventually wear off, but I didn't think I would be able to say that I was really happy with the way my "new life" was going.

Fortunately, I've been proved wrong. And it's the best kind of wrong I've ever been.

I've just experienced a lot of personal growth, and it's gotten me to a good place where I can honestly look around and say that I am content with where I am in my life right at this moment.

I'm in school, doing well, and enjoying my classes. I am in the process of making some great connections that will most likely (hopefully) lead me somewhere post-graduation (internship, USA Today blogging gig, etc.). I have a supportive, wonderful family. I'm in a loving relationship with my best friend that just keeps getting better. I have realized who my true friends are and those relationships continue to grow. I am much more independent now than I have ever been, and that's a good thing.

It's the last thing I expected, but I'm so content right now.

Just a thought for today,
Sara
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...