Friday, February 4, 2011

February Daybook: Snowpocalypse 2011

As always, join in the Daybook fun at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

Outside my window...is a dark night and about 6 inches of snow on the ground with ice underneath. Talk about SNOWPOCALYPSE 2011! Even us Texans are experiencing it.

I am thinking...about what I need to do to get ready for class on Monday. After having four official snow days, I'm not exactly sure where my professors will expect us to be.

I am thankful for... a dad that will spend almost 3 hours in stand still traffic on an iced-over highway to come pick me up from my dorm and bring me home just because he doesn't want me to drive.

From the learning rooms...
is a little up in the air right now. I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to be doing since the snow days have thrown everything off.

From the kitchen...
is the smell of freshly baked brownies. Yum!

I am wearing...
black Aerie yoga pants, a green GAMMA t-shirt, a powder purple sweatshirt that Tom got me from Breckenridge, and a pair of cozy socks.

I am creating... nothing at the moment, unfortunately. I actually have a crafty project I HAVE to get done some time this week. Hopefully the roads clear up so I can get to Hobby Lobby this weekend.

I am going... slightly stir crazy. Being cooped up all week in a dorm room can do that to a person.

I am reading... Moby-Dick for my American Fiction class. It's not exactly my favorite.

I am hoping... that my chemistry exam is not this Tuesday. It was supposed to be yesterday, but the university was closed for a snow day, so I'm hoping that my teacher does not reschedule it for Tuesday, which will be our first day back in class.

I am hearing... Hailee Steinfeld's interview on Jay Leno.

Around the house... is warm and cozy. My bed is calling my name.

One of my favorite things... is snow! As much trouble as it has been this week, I can never get over how beautiful it is!

A few plans for the rest of the week: Go back to campus on Sunday, go to class Monday (assuming the university isn't closed again), read like it's nobody's business, and back to work on Tuesday

Here is picture for thought I am sharing... I love this picture of my sweet Carter puppy staying warm by the fire! Photobucket

Stay warm,
Sara

1 comment:

Kim said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I am amazed at the weather in your part part of the country... we usually get a few storms like that a few times each year, but then I'm in upstate NY. Love the picture of Carter - kim

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...