Thursday, February 17, 2011

Dialect Vlog

This is my first vlog post, and I could not be more excited about it! I got this from my sorority sister Ashley over at Ashley Getting Dressed.



The list of words are:
Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught

The questions are:
What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
What is the bug that curls into a ball when you touch it?
What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
What do you call gym shoes?
What do you say to address a group of people?
What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
What do you call your grandparents?
What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
What is the thing you change the TV channel with?

Like I said in the video, I moved to Texas when I was four, but I learned to talk in New York and have been around heavy New York accents my entire life, so that's probably why my accent is a little odd at times.

Also, how many times can I say "basically" and "different?" Sheesh.

If anyone has any ideas about future vlogs or you happen to come across one somewhere, let me know! I enjoyed doing this, and I'd like to do more!

More to come,
Sara

7 comments:

Jill said...

Sara, I wanted to watch the video, but it said "this video is private" :(

rockerest said...

Lol wagon.

Also, what do you called the remains of ancient Greek structures?

Jill said...

Haha, when I read through the questions before watching I laughed when I got to the cart/wagon one. Because I knew what you would say. Also, this made me miss you a lot! But I loved it just the same!

sherilee said...

Love this idea, I just might have to borrow it. I was raised in Canada but have lived in the states for more than 20 years, so mostly I hear Canadians and think, what? And they hear me and think, American! But I love the differences in pronunciation and word choice. Very flavorful!

☆ Melissa ☆ said...

Oh I plan on doing this too!!

My answers are heaps different to yours!!

Keep a look out in my future posts!!

- Mel

Kristi Nommensen Dorson said...

This is fun! I surfed in from Ashley Getting Dressed's blog. I love what you call your grandparents, lol.

I did one of these too. here's my link if you're interested:
http://milliondreammom.blogspot.com/2011/03/hey-yall-dialect-vlog.html
and I shared your link on my post, because these are fun!

Thanks for sharing!

Annie said...

Hi from Kansas! You can hear mine if you want: http://mamadweeb.com/2011/03/dialect-vlog-from-kansas/

I graduated from Kansas State University - Go Cats! I love meeting other midwestern gals, this is fun!
Oh and if you want more Vlog memes, go to www.eightymphmom.com Every Sunday she has a "Monday Mingle" that she posts. You answer 3 questions in your vlog and then link your post on her site. you meet lots of fun ppl that way!
Yes, You say "Roon" and it is "Ru-IN" LOL oh well
Yup! I totally call it Coke, and I am from Kansas. So glad I am not alone. it is totally coke.

See you around!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...