Sunday, January 9, 2011

January Daybook

Here's my January edition of The Simple Woman's Daybook!


Outside my window... is a blustery, cold night. We actually got real snow down here in the Big D today!

I am thinking... about how I really need to post about my trip to Spain. It was amazing and I really want to share about it, so I have NO idea why I am finding it so difficult to sit down and post.

I am thankful for... my family. We had a big blow up at my house the other night, and to recover from it, my mom told each of us to write down 50 family-related things that we are thankful for. This was actually a lot harder than I expected, and more eye-opening than I could have ever imagined.

I am wearing... a magenta Phi Mu v-neck t-shirt with silver writing, jeans, and socks. I'm really craving some pj pants!

I am remembering... that school starts in a week from now. Where did winter break go?!

I am going... to Detroit next weekend.

I am currently reading... "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert. I don't know why this is in italics. I can't turn it off for some reason and it's really REALLY annoying me.

I am hoping... I wake up to more snow tomorrow morning. Snow is a rare treat and I love it.

On my mind... is the future and how I want to do things "right."

Noticing that... I have a lot of expenses coming up in the next few months. A lot of them are for things that I am not entirely supportive of or excited for.

Pondering these words... "You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestation of your own blessings."- Elizabeth Gilbert
 

From the kitchen... is the lingering smell of homemade hamburgers from dinner. I might make a cup of tea. Nothing is better than curling up on a cold, rainy day in some comfy pajamas with a good movie or book and a cup of tea.

Around the house... is oddly quiet given the fact that everyone is home. Even the dogs are calm, and it's nice and relaxing.

One of my favorite things... is a new planner. I love the emptiness and freshness of its blank pages. I can't wait to fill it up and color code it!

From my picture journal... The pretty snow soon after it started coming down!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Jill said...

how is eat, pray, love? do you like it so far?

also, yes, definitely do things "right"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...