Friday, December 24, 2010

Bits of My Weekend, volumes 22 and 23

Honestly, I don't know how much longer I am going to keep up with Bits of My Weekend. I always feel behind, and that bugs me. Maybe I will just start posting if and when I have stuff to post about. Maybe.

Nevertheless, I am making an attempt to get caught up before I leave for SPAIN tomorrow! Be ready for lots of stories and pictures when I get back. I am so, so, so excited.

Volume 22: December 10-12
This weekend concluded the craziest, most stressful week of my life. Finals week lasted two weeks for me this semester, so this weekend was much needed and well deserved. It was also my sister Natalie's 9th birthday!
Photobucket
Photobucket

Volume 23: December 17-19 (Well, technically until the 21)
 I finished my last final at 12:30 on Thursday, packed up my room, and officially began my winter break! Finishing this semester was a great feeling, and I'm happy to say that everything paid off. I spent Friday just hanging out and packing, and I was on a plane to Columbia, Missouri on Saturday morning! It was such a great trip, and I was able to see several of my friends, which is always a treat. As always, spending time with Tom was incredible and I am reminded every day just how lucky I am to be with him.

He even planned an amazing surprise date for us! He would not tell me anything about it and I had no idea what each stop on the date was until we got there. I love surprises, but I have a hard time knowing something is happening when I don't know anything about it. I am definitely a snooper, so he had his work cut out for him. :]

All dressed up and ready to go!Photobucket
First stop: Caramel Apple Spices at Starbucks--- We went to Starbucks and then walked around downtown Columbia just talking and window shopping while we waited for the restaurant to open. I love walking around in the cold weather and seeing all the Christmas lights/displays in the store windows!Photobucket
Next stop: Dinner at Geisha--- Tom and I love sushi, and we generally go to Osaka in Columbia. Tom went to Geisha in a downtown Columbia a few months ago and liked it and knew that I was dying to try it, so he decided to take me there! It was delicious and had such a great date atmosphere!Photobucket
Next stop: The Magic Tree--- The Magic Tree is a tree in Columbia covered in thousands of Christmas lights, and I LOVE it! I mentioned a few weeks ago that I wanted to go see it when I was in town, but I kind of forgot about it. Of course, Tom remembered and surprised me! I had no idea where we were going until we turned the corner and the tree was right there. We only stayed for a few minutes because it was super cold and we had another mystery activity to get to, but we were able to snap a few pictures!PhotobucketPhotobucket
Final stop: Ice skating at the outdoor rink in Forest Park--- Tom told me the next stop would be a little bit of a drive from the Magic Tree, so I assumed we were going to Jeff City or something. I could not have been more wrong! We just kept driving and driving and he finally told me we were going ALL the way to ST. LOUIS! I seriously freaked out! I had no idea what we were doing and the only hint he would give me was "Steinberg", which meant nothing to me at the time. I now know that it is the name of the outdoor ice skating rink in Forest Park. I almost cried when we pulled into the parking lot at the ice skating rink! It was so pretty! There were twinkly lights everywhere and Christmas music was playing. It was the PERFECT winter date and such a surprise!PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
It was the best date I have ever been on, hands down. Seriously perfect.

Since I got back on Tuesday, I have been visiting with friends and relaxing. Now it is time to pack and get ready to leave tomorrow afternoon for Spain! I hate packing with a passion, but this trip makes it pretty worthwhile.

More to come,
Sara

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...