Saturday, November 6, 2010

Bits of My Weekend, volumes 15 and 16

The past two weeks have been...weird.  Between midterms, work, a health scare, and recovering, I haven't had much time to think straight, let alone blog.  I apologize and will attempt to get caught up over the next few days.

I don't even know where to start.  I have officially been working at my internship for two weeks.  I like it and I definitely think I am learning a lot.  I just need to get used to writing so much in one chunk of time.  Most Tuesdays and Thursdays, I write and publish 4 to 5 blogs, most of which require research.  I work all day on Fridays and write around 7 blogs and do some other random tasks.  I'm getting the hang of it, so hopefully I will become more productive as time goes on!

Last weekend (Friday, October 29) was pretty quiet.  I worked all day, which is something else I will need to get used to since I have have grown accustomed to having Fridays off.  I just hung out on campus for Friday night and most of Saturday.  I had a little scare on Saturday, though.  After getting out of the shower, I was extremely dizzy and nauseous, and to make a long story short, I blacked out.  When I blacked out, I fell and hit my nose/head on my bathroom door.  After a few minutes, the sick feeling passed and I was fine, but it was SO scary!  I didn't know if I had seriously hurt myself or why I felt bad in the first place.  It also made me realize that I am completely alone here in my dorm.  I'm sure my suite mate would come in if I was screaming hysterically or something (or at least I hope she would), but if I got really hurt, nobody would know.

After I recovered and was feeling better, I went to my friend Kelsey's house to watch the Mizzou homecoming football game.  Kelly, another one of our Phi Mu sisters, also came.  It was so good to see both of them!  Mizzou was playing OU, who was ranked #1, so in addition to this being Homecoming, this was a big game.  Mizzou ended up WINNING and everyone in the stadium rushed the field!  Kelsey and I were jumping up and down and screaming!  It was an awesome game to watch, but I wish I could have been there.  I'm so jealous everyone rushed the field!
Photobucket

I spent Sunday morning with my dad and stepmom since my dad had just gotten home from China.  He brought me back beautiful hand-strung pearls.  They are beyond gorgeous.  I spent the rest of the weekend just hanging out and doing homework and stuff.

I spent most of last week battling with the worst headache I have ever had in my life.  I still wasn't sure why I blacked out and I was nervous that I had really hurt my head when I fell, just because of the level of pain I was in.  My nose bruised a little and hurt when I touched it.  In addition to the headache, my neck and body were incredibly achy and stiff.  By Wednesday, I couldn't take it anymore and decided to go to the health center.  The doctor looked around and felt my face and neck, but didn't really have any constructive information for me, so I left without any reassurance.  I decided to go to the emergency room that night.  I ended up getting a CT scan on my head and neck, an EKG, and blood work done.  To make a long story short, everything came back normal.  Nothing was cracked in my face and nothing was injured when I fell.  The doctor seemed to think that the hot shower caused my blood pressure to drop, which in turn caused me to feel nauseous and black out.  Unfortunately, they couldn't do anything about the headache, but they reassured me that it would go away on it's own.

By Friday night, I felt fine.  The headache finally went away and my body felt normal again.  The whole thing was just bizarre.

Last weekend, I went to Houston with my dad and stepmom.  It was a pretty last minute trip.  My brother's high school marching band had a competition in Conroe, so my dad suggested that I go with them and he would take me to see my friend Whitney in Houston, which is about an hour further.  I  jumped at the chance to see Whitney!  We spent Saturday and Sunday just hanging out and laughing, like we always do.  I seriously love that girl!
Photobucket

I feel somewhat caught up now.  I feel like I covered all of the big things from the past two weeks.  This coming week is going to be absolutely insane for me, but I will try my best to post at least once.  I feel like a blog post with some substance is coming.  I can feel the wheels turning in my head.

On a happy note, Six in the City has made its triumphant, long-awaited return.  No Bits of My Weekend post yet, but I'm sure one will be up soon!

P.S. First Starbucks holiday cup of the season = reason to smile!
Photobucket

P.P.S. Phi Mu ended up placing third in the talent section of Homecoming!  My good friend and old roommate, Elizabeth, won best actress for all of Greek life!  I'm so proud of you ladies!

More to come,
Sara

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...