Sunday, November 14, 2010

Bits of My Weekend, volume 18

Well, I did it.  I survived the craziest, most stressful week ever.  After having a Spanish poetry exam on Tuesday, a biology exam on Wednesday, a rhetoric exam on Thursday, and a proposal for my Shakespeare research paper due on Friday, this weekend was well-deserved and couldn't have come fast enough.  This week absolutely wore me out, but there was an up side to having so many tests in one week.  It gave me the opportunity to study with people in my classes.  I spent Wednesday night and all day Friday studying and working with a few people in my class.  As lame as it sounds, this was my first time really socializing with anyone new, so I was grateful for it.  Hopefully this opened the door and we can all hang out in the future. :]

In between everything I had going on this week, I managed to make it home on Thursday night to see my sister play Aristotle in her third grade play about the solar system.  It was adorable and she did such a good job!  Sorry the picture sucks.  I went right from work to her school and didn't have my camera with me.
Photobucket

Luckily, I didn't have to work on Friday since my bosses were at a convention, so I was able to devote my entire day to working on my research paper proposal, rather than having to stress about it all week while trying to get everything else done.  I spent the entire day in the library.  I had a good topic in mind and started to write my paper about that, but finding credible sources turned out to be a near-impossible task, so I ended up changing my topic.  Once I did that, everything was much easier.  I'm frustrated that it took so long, but I ended up writing a paper that I am proud of.  Hopefully my teacher feels the same.  I left the library after submitting my paper around 11:35pm (the deadline was midnight), and then I went back to my room and passed out.  The stress of the week absolutely wore me out.

I spent most of Saturday just hanging out and being a complete lazy bum.  I probably should have been doing homework or something constructive, but I just couldn't make myself.  I needed a break.  I went to see "Due Date" with my friend Chelsea last night.  It was pretty funny and I really enjoyed it!  We went to a small party at one of her sorority sister's apartments after the movie.

I slept until about 1pm today, but I thoroughly cleaned my room this afternoon to make up for it.  I even got a little homework done today, too.  My dad, stepmom, and brother came to Denton to have dinner with me tonight.  I like when I get to have dinner with my family.  Not only do we usually go out to a yummy restaurant that my broke college self can't afford, but I almost always end up having leftovers for dinner during the week.  I have some yummy shrimp, a baked potato, and biscuits from Red Lobster to have for dinner tomorrow night!  Oh, and I like seeing my family, too.  :]

I'll just be hanging out, watching E!, and doing some homework tonight.  This week will be infinitely easier than last week, thank goodness.  I have a research paper due next Wednesday (Nov. 24), but I am going to get it done this week since Tom will be here next (YAYYYYYYYYYYYY).  I am so, so, so excited to see him!  I can't believe it's one week away!!!

I'll leave you with this picture.  Not because it's from this weekend, but because it's something out of the ordinary.  We looked at it in my biology lab and I was completely disgusted.  I did handle it a little better than I thought I would, but I definitely did not touch it.  A pat on the back to anyone who can guess what it is, and no, you can't tell if I already told you.
Photobucket

Have a good week,
Sara

3 comments:

Brittany said...

It looks like some sort of heart to me. Cow? Pig?

I'm glad you had a restful weekend! I am jealous of the Red Lobster--we don't have that here! But we do have the original HuHot, so I can brag about that :) haha.

Brittany said...

Bahhaah, wanted to share this irony: when I clicked on the picture to see it bigger on photobucket, an add for Oscar Mayer turkey appeared next to it. MMM, turkey and organ!

angelasw said...

I also go completely lazy and relaxed for a day or so after a big productive day. Also, is it rotten chicken? Is Brittany on to something with the heart? It also kind of looks like half-cooked liver.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...