Monday, October 18, 2010

Bits of My Weekend, volume 14

I apologize for falling off the blogging bandwagon recently.  I have been feeling like I've been super busy, but I haven't been more busy than I usually am.  Next week, however, will be incredibly hectic for me with a midterm and two papers due, so maybe I am just anticipating everything that I need to get done in the next week and a half. 

This weekend was pretty low key.  It was UNT's homecoming, but I didn't know about any of the festivities going on, so I went home early Friday afternoon.  I had lunch with my stepmom at a local Indian restaurant and then ran some errands with her.  I took my mom to the doctor because she had thrown her back out and driving wasn't the easiest thing for her, and then I went over to my friend Kelsey's house.  Kelsey and I met in our seventh grade Sunday school class and became friends, although we never saw each other outside of Temple.  By coincidence, we both ended up at Mizzou and in the same sorority.  Although we have known each other for a long time, we have grown much closer over the past few years.  Kelsey has been having some health problems lately and decided to come home instead of finishing this semester at Mizzou.  I'm sorry that she had to come home, but she seems to be relieved to be closer to her family and is certain that being home is what she needs right now.  We spent Friday night and Saturday morning just talking and hanging out.  I know we both appreciated the company.  Hopefully I'll see Kelsey a lot during the time that she is home, however long that may be.

The rest of Saturday was low-key and Halloween themed!  I accompanied my mom and sister to a make-shift pumpkin patch and then to Walmart to pick up decorations for the Halloween party my sister is hosting for a few of her friends.  The pumpkin patch wasn't quite the epitome of my fall fantasies, but it was meant to raise money for my old high school, so I purchased a couple of itty, bitty pumpkins to spruce up my dorm room.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I got to skype with Tom on Saturday night!  Thanks to incredibly slow internet in my dorm room, I am pretty sure that we have not skyped since the summer.  We haven't seen each other since Labor Day weekend, which was six weeks ago and we won't see each other until Thanksgiving, which is another five weeks away, so it was definitely time for some face time!  I love skyping with Tom!  I miss him so much and getting to see him, even if it's just over the computer, is such a treat!  Thanksgiving can't come soon enough!

I got back to school around 1:00 on Sunday and had somewhat of a difficult time hooking up my television and DVD player.  In the end, I was successful and I didn't have to ask for help, so I consider that a small victory!  I spent the rest of the day just hanging out and doing homework.

I have to take a second to recognize all of the hard work my fabulous Phi Mu sisters did this weekend.  For over a month now, all of Mizzou's Greek Life have been working hard in preparation of Homecoming.  The weekend before Homecoming is known as Marathon Weekend in which everyone works around the clock finishing up all of the projects that still need to be done.  I know how hard all of my sisters worked this weekend and I can't wait to hear all about your homecoming triumphs!  I wish I could be there with all of you!

In honor of Marathon Weekend and Mizzou Homecoming, I decided to post some pictures of Phi Mu's 5th place overall win from last year!
Our pairing spirit stick:
Photobucket
This is a picture of just ONE of our pomp board scenes!  This entire board is made out of tissue paper and takes an obscene amount of time to complete.  A skit goes on in front of these board and each pairing gets judged on how well their pomp boards are done.  Our theme was "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" and these boards slid apart to expose an entirely different pomp board scene!
Photobucket
This is Tom and I posing in front of the pomp boards.  Tom is just about 6'3", so you can tell just how big the pomp boards are!:
Photobucket
Passini, Brittany, and I in one of the prop houses in front of the pomp boards:
Photobucket
Some of pledge class '08 walking in the homecoming parade:
Photobucket

Have a good week,
Sara

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...