Sunday, October 10, 2010

Bits of My Weekend, volume 13

My Spanish class was canceled on Thursday, so I finished my Rhetoric exam at 9:30am and was officially done for the week!  I spent the rest of the day just hanging out, working on homework, working out, and planning my schedule for next semester.  I have a pretty good idea of how everything will work out, but it's not 100% set in stone yet, mostly because I don't know if I will be studying abroad during the Summer and I don't want to sign up for a class that I will take if I go abroad.  I haven't registered for classes yet, but right now it looks like Tuesdays and Thursdays will be my difficult days.  Right now, I have it so that I will be in class from from 8am to 12:20 on those days (3 classes back to back, with a 10 minute break in between each).  Is that manageable of am I being overly ambitious?  Thoughts?

I turned in my Spanish essay on Friday morning, ate lunch, and then went back to my room to get it all ready for my best friend and pledge daughter, Whitney, to come and stay with me for the weekend!  Whitney, unfortunately, had to transfer from Mizzou this year, as well, so she is now home in Houston going to school.  She decided to come visit me for the weekend and I could not have been more excited!  She got here around 7pm on Friday night and we went to dinner at Pei Wei.

We had a late breakfast/early lunch at IHOP, where we were served by an overly friendly and flirty waiter, and then Whitney gladly accompanied me on some errands I needed to run.  We hit up Hobby Lobby and Michael's to get supplies for some friend's shot book pages.  I showed her around Denton a little bit before coming back to my room to change into our UNT garb.  Whitney's good friend, Jason, goes here and he invited us to tailgate with him and his fraternity brothers.  I met Jason very, very briefly last Winter when I visited Whitney in Houston.  To my surprise, her remembered meeting me!  Jason introduced us to some of his brothers and made us feel very welcome.  Everyone was very nice and it was good to be meeting some people.  It's funny that Whitney knows more people here than I do, but it was definitely a good start.  This was my first time tailgating here.  It seems like most of the students only tailgate and don't even go to the football games.  I haven't been to one yet, but I want to try to go to a game before the end of the season.
Photobucket
After tailgating, I showed her around campus and we got some ice cream.  It was incredibly hot outside, so we didn't walk around for too long.  We ended up staying in for the rest of the night, just hanging out, eating pizza, and enjoying each other's company.

We woke up, got ready, and grabbed a quick lunch at Chipotle before Whitney hit the road around noon today.  She loves Chipotle almost as much as I do.
Photobucket

I am so, so happy Whitney decided to visit for the weekend!  She is my best friend and we always have so much fun together!  Also, she is pretty much going through the same transition I am, so it was nice to be able to just sit and talk to someone that I know understands everything I am feeling.  We talk pretty regularly, but hopefully we will see each other again soon!

I have just been hanging out, catching up on TV, and doing homework tonight.  This has kind of become my Sunday routine, but lazy Sundays are the best!

Have a good week,
Sara

2 comments:

A Gracious Home said...

I enjoyed your post. I hope you had fun. Doylene

gaynycdad said...

How's the rest of the family? Do you remember me from the Chinese Parade in San Francisco 9 years ago with Aunt Mindy?
I google friended you, feel free to do the same on my blog!
thanks
www.gaynycdad.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...