Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wish List Wednesday!

It may be Wednesday, but it's also my best friend Jill's birthday!  Happy, happy birthday!  I love you and hope you have so much fun celebrating!
Photobucket

I am sorry about not posting a wish list last week.  I was just super busy with school stuff and getting ready for my trip to CoMo.  I was able to use my PACK THIS! Notepad that I was so excited about getting from Tom in this post for the first time.  This little notepad is wonderful and exactly what I needed!  I didn't stress over packing and I was able to cross things off the list as I put them into my suitcase.  Of course, I packed way too many clothes, but I didn't have to worry about forgetting anything.  I think my packing problems have been solved!
Photobucket

I also succeeded in getting a few of the items that I wished for on that same wish list!  I found a dry erase calendar at Walmart that I hung up next to my desk and is coming in handy!  I also got dish soap and my parents had some extra silverware around the house that they let me take to school to use.  Surprisingly, small sets of silverware at Target and Walmart were ridiculously expensive.  I know these aren't the most exciting items, but they were things I needed.  I still haven't found collage frames I like at a reasonable price and, unfortunately, there just isn't a good spot in my room for a full-length mirror.
Photobucket

1) Tuneband for iPod Nano 1st/2nd Generation
I have a 2nd generation iPod Nano, which I really only use when I work out.  I went to the UNT rec for the first time the other day and was instantly reminded how annoying it is to have to carry my loose iPod all over the gym with me.  I have wanted one of these handy armbands for a while, but now that I am working out again, I definitely need to get one.  I also came across an armband by Apple, but $29.99 before shipping is a little steep to spend on something like this.  The Tuneband is much more reasonably priced at $14.99.  I am not very picky about what brand I get, but I want it to last.  It also would be convenient to be able to slide my student ID into the band somehow so I have somewhere safe to put it while I'm on the treadmill.
Photobucket

2) "Keep Calm and Carry On" Poster
I have seen this poster in several places and have always liked the saying.  In an effort to spice up my room now and get things that I can frame and use in my future apartment, I decided to look for this poster on AllPosters.com, which is currently having a huge sale on many of their products.  Check it out because a lot of stuff is on sale for $4.98 with free shipping!  It doesn't get much better than that!  This particular poster is being featured in that sale, but I am not sure if I want the red one.  I have been contemplating getting the Seafoam, Light blue, or Yellow versions of the poster, but they are all $19.99 before shipping.  I do like the red and it is a great price if ordered before the sale ends, but I just don't know.
Photobucket

3) Dogeared Necklaces
I recently saw a link to the Dogeared jewelry website on my sorority sister Ashley's fashion blog.  I did a little snooping around on their website and was impressed by what they have to offer.  The It's the Journey necklace and New Beginnings necklace caught my eye, but I liked most of the pieces they offer, which include necklaces, bracelets, earrings, and other items.  All of the pieces have a theme or message that comes along with them.
Photobucket

4) Rain Boots
I desperately need some rain boots!  I had some at Mizzou, but after using them for two years, they had little cracks in them and no longer served their purpose of keeping my feet and pants dry.  I am not exaggerating when I say that it has rained almost every day I have had class so far this semester, but today it rained torrentially all day.  Because I don't own rain boots, I have been wearing my Sperry's because they are able to resist water and recover well after being soaked through, but they can only do so much.  I am going to go to Target this weekend and look for some boots that are somewhat neutral, so that I can wear them with a lot and not have to worry about matching my outfit to them.  I just chose this picture off of the Target website because I like yellow and thought they were cute!
Photobucket

5) A job!
I want, but more importantly need, a job!  I have a lot of free time during the day because I am not currently involved in anything and am focusing solely on classes and homework, plus I need a source of income!  I have applied for seven positions on campus and have not heard back from any of them.  I am frustrated, but I check the student employment website daily for more openings.  I was trying to avoid looking off campus for work, but I might have to go ahead and try my luck. 

More to come,
Sara

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Hi! I got my Keep Calm poster on Ebay and it was only like 7 bucks with an additional 4 to cover shipping. I can give you the sellers name if you want. It's smaller than I wanted it to be, but still super cute and they had lots of different colors! Love you and miss you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...