Thursday, September 23, 2010

Lista de deseos

It is Wednesday, which means it is time for another wish list!  This week's Spanish title pays homage to all of the Spanish I have been studying recently.  I downloaded a series, 120 episodes to be exact, of podcasts that are meant to teach Spanish to the listener.  I already have three years of high school and four semesters of college Spanish under my belt, so I do know more than just the basics.  Nevertheless, I decided to start practicing just in case I do actually study abroad and my destination ends up being Spain, which is a pretty big possibility at the moment in time.  If things don't work out, or I end up traveling somewhere else, all the practice will still come in handy because I am currently in a Spanish class and have to take two more to finish my minor.

I am excited to announce that it is officially Fall!  I am definitely a Winter girl through and through.  I am a naturally warm person and, unfortunately, I tend to be hot most, if not all, of the time.  I have had more than enough of the sweltering Texas heat!  I love, love, love snow.  I want to live somewhere snowy and beautiful, where I can smell that wonderful Winter smell.  Do you know what I'm talking about?  The magical crisp and clear atmosphere when you can just feel the holiday season creeping up on you.  Ahhh, amazing.  I love Thanksgiving and New Years and celebrating with the people I love.  I love warm comfort foods and pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks, but only if they are in the special "holiday" cups that I go crazy for each year around that time.  I love watching a movie and snuggling under a cozy blanket as the fire place crackles in the background.  I love wearing jeans and boots and Winter white.  The first snowfall of the year is always magical.  I'll never forget the year it snowed on my birthday.  Even though I was 17 years old, I knew it was snowing for me.  This Winter girl has a lot to look forward to.

I know it's only September and I have to admit that I dress pretty casually from day to day and only really dress up if I am going out somewhere, but I am just in love with the Fall and Winter fashions for this year.  There's no harm in thinking ahead!

1) Cardigans
No matter the color, style, or texture, cardigans are the perfect way to transition warm-weather outfits into fun Fall fashion.  Cardigans have the versatility to dress up a t-shirt and jeans, add a feminine touch to a sundress, and look professional enough for work or an interview.  I want to get several cardigans in varying styles, prints, and colors to spice up my wardrobe!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2) Dresses
I love wearing dresses!  I have one or two dresses that are really meant for Fall, but the majority of the ones I own are all Summer pieces.  A dress worn with tights and boots is one of my favorite Fall looks!
Photobucket

Photobucket

3) Tops
A sassy tank top or halter is the perfect Summer party or date top, but having dressy shirts for Fall is a must for when your tank or sundress just won't cut it.  Pair it with a cardigan and some great shoes and you're ready to go!
Photobucket

Photobucket

4) Sweaters
I love sweatshirts as much as the next person, but sweaters are stylish and comfy cozy!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

5) Miscellaneous
Do you remember my search for the perfect pair of silver sandals?  Well, I finally found them while browsing on Old Navy's website.  They are only $8.97, but is it too late in the season to buy them?
Photobucket

My dorm room gets incredibly cold, even for my hot-blooded body.  I hate walking around on the tile barefoot, so I usually wear flip flops.  I would love a pair of comfy slippers to keep my tootsies toasty!
Photobucket

Tights and leggings in various textures and colors are also a must for Fall and Winter!

Just a note, the links in this post are the italicized words.  I used the pictures of items that I found on the website.  Most, if not all, come in various colors or patterns that I may have liked more than the picture I used in this post.  I know that a ton of stores will have items like these, some of which I may like better, but these just happened to jump out at me while I was browsing around.

Now that I have my Fall favorites picked out, let's try to say goodbye to the 95 degree weather!  Oh, and how cute would all of these items look with the beautiful Steve Madden boots I featured last week?  Fabulous!

More to come,
Sara

1 comment:

Kathryn Palagonia said...

It is fall where I live. The high today is 66 and it feels incredible!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...