Sunday, September 26, 2010

Bits of My Weekend, volume 11

I was exhausted on Thursday after class and spent most of the afternoon and evening in and out of sleep.  I woke up around 10am on Friday morning with a sore throat, but felt okay otherwise.  I got ready, got my stuff together, and headed home to Carrollton to have lunch with my stepmom.  I decided to go home this weekend because it was my brother's homecoming and he had asked me to come see him march with the marching band at the homecoming football game.

I had lunch with my stepmom at a yummy Mexican food restaurant called Abuelo's, picked my sister up, and headed over to the football stadium.  The band performed pre-game because it was homecoming and they did a great job!  I have only seen my brother march a few times before, so being able to see the whole show performed by the band in full uniform was really a treat!
Photobucket

I only stayed until halftime because I was feeling pretty bad at that point and sitting in the rain just didn't seem like the smartest thing to do.  I grabbed a quick bite to eat with my dad and stepmom and then went home and promptly passed out.  I went to bed around 10:30pm and slept until noon on Saturday.  I don't think I've ever slept so much in my life.

I was planning on getting a hair cut yesterday, but woke up feeling like death and lounged around for most of the day.  I went to my mom's house around 3pm and then just hung out there.  My sister introduced me to her brand new guinea pig, Coco.  I am slowly getting over the rodent-factor.  She is actually pretty cute and makes the funniest, little, squeaking noises!
Photobucket

While I was being a sick lump on a log, my brother was busy getting all snazzy for his homecoming!  Of course, I snapped a few pictures (against his will) while he was on the way out the door to go pick up his date.  He looked so handsome!
Photobucket
Photobucket

I woke up around 10am this morning and hung out around the house for a little while.  Then I got ready, made a Starbucks stop (I'm happy to report that Pumpkin Spice lattes are back, but sadly, no holiday cups yet) and went to get my hair cut.  I had to wait for a little while, but waiting for Erica, my hair dresser, is more than worth it.  She has been cutting my hair for at least 9 years now and is absolutely fabulous!  I love how I feel after I get my hair cut.  I always feel refreshed and like a weight has been lifted.  When my mom, sister, and I were all done, we went over to Kroger to pick up a few things.  Then I went home, got my things together, and headed back to school.

Tonight, I have just been working on homework, catching up on some television, and enjoying one of my favorite things.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Oh, I decided to change the blog look and go for something more Fall-ish.  Thoughts?  Be honest.

Have a good week,
Sara

1 comment:

Cinderita said...

I love the look of the new blog. it's fantastic!

http://cinderitaadventures.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...