Sunday, September 19, 2010

Bits of My Weekend, volume 10

I basically took no pictures this weekend.  I had a few opportunities, but just didn't think about it, so I apologize in advance for the lack of pictures used in this post.

My mom came to Denton on Friday afternoon to spend some time with me.  We had a yummy lunch at Mr. Chopsticks and then I showed her around Denton a little bit, and went to Walmart to pick up a few things that I needed.  I showed her my dorm because she hadn't seen it yet and she even helped me decorate some more of my room!  My room is now more of a shrine to Phi Mu then it already was. :]
Photobucket

It was so good to see my mom and spend some time with her!  I spent the rest of the afternoon just hanging out and doing homework.  I went and saw The Town that night with some friends from high school.  The movie was pretty good overall.  It was interesting, but seemed incredibly long.

I slept in late yesterday and spent most of the day doing homework.  I have had a ton to do this weekend because my first round of tests are coming up in the next two weeks.  In addition to the tests, I consistently have a mountain of reading to get through just because I am an English major.  I ventured to a dining hall that I hadn't eaten at before because it is the only one open on the weekends.  It was alright, just like the other ones are.  After dinner, I decided to get out for a little while, so I took a drive down to 288 where there are a bunch of stores and restaurants.  I browsed around in Old Navy for a little while.  I didn't buy anything, but I definitely fell in love with a lot of their Fall pieces.  I think I have been inspired for my next Wish List Wednesday!

I was feeling a little down and lonely yesterday.  I think a lot of it was because there was a home football game at Mizzou.  I really miss tailgating and going to the games with my friends.  It's such a big and festive activity that I looked forward to every other week of Fall semester.  Luckily, my good friend Chelsea called me and convinced me to go to a party with her.  It was one of her sorority sister's birthdays, so I met a lot of her sisters.  They all seem really nice and I had a good time.  It was good to get out and meet some people!

I have just been working on homework today.  My dad, stepmom, and brother came to Denton to have dinner with me and, like always, I was thankful for the company.  We went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner and then they dropped me off back at my dorm.  Now I am just back to doing homework and catching up on some television.

I want to wish my friends Passini and Hoban (don't worry, those are their last names) a very happy birthday!  I hope you are both out celebrating right now!
Photobucket
Photobucket

Have a good week,
Sara

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...