Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Another Wednesday, Another Wish List

I did manage to get a few of the things I featured on my wish list from last week.  I found rain boots at Target, as I mentioned in this post, and I took advantage of Allposters.com's $4.98 sale (which is still going on, by the way) and treated myself to the "Keep Calm and Carry On" poster that I wanted.  I was mistaken about the sale including free shipping, but I paid $9.97 total, which is considerably less than just the poster would have been elsewhere.  I'm excited to hang it up in my room!  I'll post pictures once I find a home for it.

Now for my wishes for this week!

1) Steve Madden Candence Boot in Cognac
These boots are just to die for!  I came across them when they were featured in an article written by my sorority sister, Ali, about how to dress like Pretty Little Liars character Spencer.  The article is just one part of a four-part series, so I encourage you to check them out!  I first saw boots like these last Fall and wanted a pair, but they weren't at the top of my wish list.  After seeing them again, however, I have fallen hard!  The beautiful cognac color is so versatile and can be worn with every color palette.  The boots can easily be dressed up or down and will transition nicely from Fall to Winter, and maybe even into the spring.  These particular boots are Steve Madden, but Target, Zappos, and DSW offer suitable alternatives.  They are just beautiful!
Photobucket

2) Einstein Bros. Bagels Gift Card
Having an Einstein's in the student union is both wonderful and dangerous.  I have gotten into the habit of buying coffee once a day, Monday through Thursday.  With late night classes on Mondays and Wednesdays, and early morning classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays, the need for coffee is just too immense to ignore.  At $2.05, including tax, it's a hell of a lot cheaper than Starbucks and tastes about a million times better.  While Einstein's prices are pretty good, my routine coffee fix and occasional bagel and schmear definitely add up.  A gift card from some generous soul would be a perfect gift!
Photobucket

I can't think of any other material things I want at the moment, which I tend to think is a good thing, so here are some of my deeper desires.

3)  I still need a job.
I know I included this in my wish list last week, but I am posting about it again.  My want/need for a job is borderline ridiculous.  I have applied for several positions on campus and have had no luck so far.  I think I am going to visit places close to campus this weekend and see if anyone is hiring.  If anyone has any suggestions or advice, PLEASE let me know!  I would greatly appreciate it!

4) A good night's sleep
I was an absolute zombie today.  I have no idea why I am so tired, but I know I need a full night's sleep tonight.  I have an 8am class tomorrow, so I am going to finish up some reading and sink into my bed pretty soon!  At least I am done with class by 12:30 tomorrow, so I have time to take a nap if I need to.

I realize this wish list was a little lame.  I'll do a better job next week!

More to come,
Sara

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...