Monday, August 9, 2010

UNT Update

It dawned on me that it has been a while since I posted anything about school, which is why I started this blog in the first place.  My last in-depth post about getting ready for UNT was on July 2 when I posted about orientation, so it has definitely been a while.

In my last post, I was throwing around the idea of minoring in Women's Studies, but I have since changed my mind.  I was looking through the minor requirements for the university and found out that a minor requires 18 hours in one subject area.  After some searching around, I discovered that I only need two more classes after the one I am currently taking to get a Spanish minor.  Yep, only two more, so I am officially going to get a minor in Spanish.  I mean, it would be stupid not to at this point.  I realize that being an English major and Spanish minor is a somewhat odd combination, but at least I'll be well rounded.

I finalized my class schedule and generally, I am pretty happy with it.  I have some breaks and large chunks of the day when I don't have any classes, like on Monday and Wednesdays when I don't have class until 2pm, but hopefully I'll be working, so I will be able to utilize that time.  I have class on Monday and Wednesday nights from 6 to 9, but they are each only once a week and I think they will be pretty interesting.  The best part of my schedule, however, is that I am done with class by 12:30 on Thursdays and don't have class on Fridays!  I could not be more excited about this!

I have also finalized where I will be living.  I will be living on campus in Traditions Hall, which is mostly upperclassmen and co-ed.  I am thrilled that I have my own private room!  I have a suite-style bathroom, so I will be sharing with the person next to me, but I have my own sink and cabinet area in my room.  I need to buy some things for my room, such as a mini fridge, towels, etc., but I have pretty much everything that I need.

I got my parking permit, so I am all set to park on campus.  Hopefully I will be able to get good spots and park near my dorm.  I have also applied for a desk job in the Campus Dining Office through the campus employment network, so I am crossing my fingers that I will hear from them soon and that it will be good news.  I've been checking the website frequently for new jobs that become available.

Besides doing some shopping, it seems like all I have left to do is move in, which will happen on Sunday, August 22.  I'm afraid I have forgotten about something important, but I move in on the 22 and classes don't start until that Thursday, so I'll have time to take care of things on campus if I need to.

More to come,
Sara

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...