Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Transferring Tales: Day 6

I realize that I moved into my dorm over a week ago, which obviously means that I should be further than six days into my Transferring Tales series, but I decided to only write about the days that I have actually spent on campus.  That seems fair, right?  I just figure that I can't get used to being at school and experience campus if I'm not here.

I was planning on getting up at a decent time this morning, grabbing a quick breakfast, and then going to work out.  Unfortunately, I woke up feeling exhausted and, once again, did not make it to the rec.  I, instead, hit the snooze button on my alarm clock a disgusting amount of times.  By the time I finally got out of bed it was too late to go eat breakfast or work out, so I showered, got ready, and hung out in my room for a little bit before I headed to the Bruce dining hall for lunch.

I am making this my public vow: Starting tomorrow, I will get into a routine and stick with it.  I will wake up at a decent time every day and work out at least Mondays through Thursdays as my schedule allows.  All of you, my faithful readers, are going to hold me to it.

After lunch, I went next door to the Biology building for my first Contemporary Biology lecture.  The class has about 200 people in it and is held in a small, humid, slightly stinky lecture hall.  I had mixed feelings about this class because I have never really excelled in any science class, but it is a general education requirement, meaning it is a much lower level course than all of my other classes.  I was also not so sure about my professor going into it.  In the syllabus, the professor seemed very harsh and quick to tell people to not take his class if there is a chance they will not be successful, but he actually ended up being quite entertaining.  He seems like he is interesting and enthusiastic about Biology, which is always a plus.  He is very sarcastic, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I am currently sitting in the One O'clock Lounge in the Union working of my Spanish Literature homework and killing time before my next class, which is at 6.  This class is my Shakespeare class and is from 6 to 8:50pm on Monday nights.  I am somewhat dreading this.  Hopefully the teacher and the class is interesting because three hours is an incredibly long time to sit in one spot and talk about the ins and outs Shakespeare.  I'll let you know how it goes.
-----
I just got out of my first Shakespeare class, incredibly early I might add.  We got out around 7:30, so from now on class will most likely last its hour and a half longer.  At least it's only once a week, right?  I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised by the class.  The class is about Shakespeare and his works, but we will also be focusing on the historical, philosophical, and theatrical aspects of Shakespeare and the time period he was from.  My teacher, who seems completely awesome, by the way, did give fair warning that this class requires a ton of reading.  I'm not surprised, but that's always intimidating to hear.  We will reading several of Shakespeare's plays and, wait for it, all 154 Shakespearean sonnets.  Yikes.  The class does seem like it will be interesting.  My teacher seems to be incredibly knowledgeable and, this may be weird, but I love the way he speaks.  He has an impressive vocabulary, speaks clearly, and articulates himself incredibly well.  I actually enjoyed listening to him tonight, which is a good thing because three hours in one chunk is an awfully long time to have to listen to someone who annoys you every time they open their mouth.

After class ended, I took the shuttle back to my dorm, which is where I am now.  I am starving, but I am waiting for Travis to get here.  We are going to spend some time together tonight and catch up.  I am so excited to see him!  It has been a little while since we saw each other and really talked.
-----
Travis got here around 9 and we had a very late dinner at Chipotle.  Then we just came back to my room and hung out for a little while.  It was so good to see him and catch up.  He's going through a lot right now, so hopefully a little best friend time took his mind off of things and cheered him up!
Photobucket

I'm just going to do some homework and hang out for the rest of the night.  I'm not planning on posting an installment of Transferring Tales tomorrow since I have already been to both of my classes once, but if something noteworthy or awkward and transfer-y happens, I will definitely post about it!

More to come,
Sara

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...