Sunday, August 15, 2010

I've been slacking.

It's true, oh faithful readers of mine.  I have been quite a slacker the past two weeks or so about posting what I have been up to.  The truth is, I have been buried with homework.  I took two classes this Summer, Political Science and Intermediate Spanish II.  Both classes were completely online through the community college near my house.  Because the classes were part of the Summer 2 session, I had exactly a month to complete them both.  This was much easier said than done!  Cramming a semester's workload into one month is difficult for one class, but two was ridiculous!  I don't think I will ever be doing that again.  I am happy to report, however, that classes ended at midnight this past Thursday!  Hallelujah!  I survived my classes and anticipate getting good grades in both, so overall, I'm pretty happy.

Despite my ridiculous workload the past few weeks, I have definitely made time for some fun.  On July 27, I went to a Rangers' game with my good friends Travis, Chelsea, and Kelsey!  That was almost three weeks ago.  Jeez, I'm behind!  Anyway, we had really great seats and had a lot of fun!  If you remember my first wish list, I talked about how much I love going to baseball games.  It's such a fun Summer activity!  The best part of the night, however, was definitely when Travis and I were on the Kiss Cam!  It was AWESOME!  At the beginning of the game we were talking about how much I have always wanted to be on the Kiss Cam and, sure enough, it happened!  Funniest thing ever.
Photobucket
Our "Surprised to be on the Kiss Cam" faces:
Photobucket

Two days after that I hopped on a plane to go to Columbia to see Tom for his twenty-first birthday!  I hit the highlights of my amazing trip in my Bits of My Weekend post from that weekend, but I just want to express how much I love being in CoMo.  I think it really hit me during this trip that I won't be going back and going to school there anymore.  Driving through campus, and especially seeing the Phi Mu house, really made me realize what I will be missing.  I'm going to miss Tom, my Phi Mu sisters, my friends, campus, and everything else about Columbia.  I do know, however, that I will be back to visit and that my friends will visit me.  Everything will be just fine because I am luck enough to have amazing people in my life who love me.  I've come to realize that transferring doesn't have to be a bad thing.  It's just a different thing, and, while I know it will be a big change and take some adjustment, I have the power to make it a positive experience.  This is definitely an improvement on my attitude in this post.  I'm sure I'll bounce back and forth a million more times, but for right now, I'm alright.

I really enjoyed my time in CoMo!  I am very happy that I got to see a lot of my friends and was able to celebrate both Tom's and Lindsay's twenty-first birthdays with them!  Tom and I went on a few dates, took in a few movies, made dinner together, and just enjoyed each other's company.  I love being with him!  He's just amazing and I couldn't ask to be with someone better.  I know I've said it before, but every time we are together I just get that much more confident about our relationship.  We are so strong and I know that we will only continue to grow.  I think he said it perfectly during my visit when he said that "missing each other is tough, but we're strong, and happy, and in love."  I'm a lucky girl.  :]
Photobucket

I loved being able to see some of my closest friends while I was there!  It was so great to catch up with them and just hang out without having to worry about school and everything else that is usually going on during the school year.  I also got to see my good friend Anna who had just gotten back from Spain on my way to the airport in STL!
Photobucket

Truthfully, I wasn't ready to leave CoMo on that Tuesday and come home to Carrollton.  I hate saying goodbye, but I have been trying to think of it as more "see you next time" than goodbye.  On a good note, this was the first time in two years that I have flown to and from STL without there being some kind of delay or problem.  I'm not exaggerating.  I am still shocked that nothing went wrong!  Talk about a complete turn around from my last trip!

Since I have been home, I have been working diligently on homework, hanging out with friends, and being crafty working on shot book pages for several friends of mine.  I really need to start getting my school things together.  My room is an absolute disaster, so I need to get it cleaned up and organized before I can even attempt to start packing.  I'm pretty much dedicating all of this week to doing this, so I can get it done and enjoy the rest of the week before I move to UNT next Sunday.  I can't believe I move in just a little more than a week!  Where did Summer go?  I can't believe I am going to be a junior in college.  When did I get so old?!

I have been thinking a lot about my amazing Phi Mu sisters this past week.  While everyone else has been sucking up the last little bit of Summer, they, along with the rest of the Mizzou sororities, have been working hard at Work Week in preparation of formal recruitment.  I am so proud of you, ladies!  I know how hard you have all been working and I know that recruitment will be a great success!  Keep your spirits up and recruit a fantastic PC '10!  I wish so much that I could be there with you.  Give a yell!  Give a yell!  Give a great big PHI MU yell!

Oh, man!  I had no idea it was so late!  I need to go to bed and get a good night's sleep.  My friend Emily and I are driving to Norman, Oklahoma tomorrow to visit our friend Alex at OU!  We are staying with her tomorrow night and will be coming home on Monday.  I'm not bringing my computer with me, so Bits of My Weekend will be a day late.  I know you are terribly heartbroken, but please forgive me.

More to come,
Sara

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...