Sunday, August 29, 2010

Bits of My Weekend, volume 7

I didn't use my camera that much this weekend, so I apologize for the lack of pictures used in this post.

I am thrilled that I do not have any classes on Friday!  Usually, I will most likely spend my day off doing homework and things of the like, but after this fairly rough first week at UNT, I decided to go home for the weekend.  I realize that I am going to have a harder time adjusting to the school and my new life here if I go home frequently, but I really needed it this weekend.  I definitely will not be going home every weekend, I promise.  I woke up around 10am on Friday morning, got ready, packed a little weekend bag, got my laundry together, and loaded up my car.  I drove over to the music building to see if the choir audition results were posted, but they weren't.  I got on the road and was home around 12:30.  I had lunch with my stepmom at this local Mexican restaurant called Cristina's and then we went to Target.  After that, we came home and hung out and worked on some stuff for my dad's 50th birthday, which is coming up in September. My dad came home from work late, around 8 or 8:30pm and we had a quick dinner of grilled cheese and tomato soup before I went back to my mom's.  I wanted to make sure I saw my dad while I was home because he left for Scotland yesterday.  I just hung out at my mom's that night and ended up sleeping on the living room couch because my brother decided to use my bed for storage for his clothes and other things since I moved to school.  He was at an away football game and came home pretty late, so I just slept on the couch.

On Saturday, I woke up and lounged around and hung out with my family for a little while.  Then I got ready and my sister and I went to the mall to see "Despicable Me".  I had mentioned taking her to see it several times over the Summer, but never got around to it, so we finally went and were able to spend some time together. The movie was SO cute and it was nice to be able to spend some quality sister time!
Photobucket
My sister enjoyed being the last people in the theater after the movie ended.
Photobucket 
Photobucket
I spent the rest of Saturday just hanging out with my family.  My mom and I went out Jimmy John's that night to pick up dinner for everyone.  We had called in our order and they told us we could just drive up to the drive through to pick it up, rather than coming inside, but they also told us we had to say the password "Jimmy John's Rocks" when we got there.  I pulled up to the speaker and told them my name and that I was picking up an order.  The guy on the other end asked me what the password was and with some hesitation, I told him.  All of the workers burst into laughter inside.  What the heck?  Hahaha, you got to love Jimmy John's.

This morning I slept in a little bit and then got ready and went to Target with my mom and sister.  I was hoping to pick up a couple of things that were on my last wish list.  Unfortunately, none of the collage frames were what I was looking for and they were more expensive than I expected and, after much deliberation, I decided that a full-length mirror is just not going to work in my room.  The space I have and the logistics of my room just don't allow for one.  I was, however, able to get the dry erase calendar board I wanted and a few other little odds and ends.  I also found this adorable hanging, fold-able makeup bag that has almost-quatrefoils on it!
Photobucket
Tonight, I had an early pizza dinner with my family.  We ate very nutritiously this weekend, if you can't tell.  Then I loaded up my car and came back to school.  I got back on campus around 7pm and decided to go see if the music building was open so I could check the choir results.  The building was open and after looking up and down the list at least four times, I realized that I did not make the choir.  I'm very upset, and pretty surprised to be honest.  Choir was my thing in high school and, not to toot my own horn, I've always been very good at it.  I know I haven't chorally sung since high school, but I thought my audition went well.  Although I'm surprised, I'm also very sad.  I was looking forward to being in choir so much.  It was going to be my outlet, something I enjoy doing that makes me happy, and of course, my way to meet people.  I'm extremely upset, but I guess there's nothing I can do about it.  UNT has a very competitive and highly-acclaimed music program, so I'm sure there were many more people who are much more talented than I am.  I just wish things had worked out differently.  I've never not been involved in something extracurricular.  How am I going to meet people now?  Ugh, I can't believe this.  I'm very upset. :[

Tonight I have just been hanging out in my dorm room.  I put my clean laundry away and hung up my new calendar board.  I really need to decorate my room.  I promise I'll post pictures as soon as it happens.  I watched some TV and caught the new episode of "Keeping up with the Kardashians."  I also skyped with two of my friends, Sherbs and Jill.  I went out to the lounge on my floor to skype with them and, while the internet connection was a little better than it is in my room, it wasn't good enough.  We couldn't really talk due to my internet being glitchy and freezing so much.  I really need to figure out a place to go where I can skype.  I have to be able to skype with my friends since I can't be with them in person.  Finding a skyping spot will be my new project.  I don't like the idea of skyping in public, but I guess I'll do what I have to do.  I did see several people walking around on my floor when I was sitting in the lounge, which was nice because I haven't seen anybody except for my suite mate since I moved in.

Now, I am waiting for my new MacBook battery to charge completely and then die completely.  I decided to break it open tonight, so my computer will last tomorrow in my Biology class.  Taking notes on my computer seems like the way to go for that particular class.
 Photobucket

I have some reading I need to do for my Spanish Literature class tonight and then I'll probably go to bed.  I have my first Biology lecture from 2 to 3:20pm and my first Shakespeare class from 6 to 8:50pm tomorrow.  I hope I like my classes.  I like the two that I have been to so far, so hopefully the trend keeps up!

I think that's all for tonight, but if you all could send some positive thoughts my way, that would be great.  I could really use some right now.

Have a good week,
Sara

1 comment:

Kathryn Palagonia said...

I'm sorry about not making choir. But I'm sure you will find friends anyway. I mean who wouldn't want to hang out with you?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...