Monday, August 2, 2010

Bits of My Weekend, volume 3

Greetings from Columbia, Missouri!

I arrived in the beloved CoMo on Thursday afternoon and have been loving every second of my time here so far!

My boyfriend, Tom, and I had a low-key dinner at Chili's on Thursday night.  We ordered an insane amount of food and Tom had his first margarita EVER!  Of course, I took a picture of him ordering his first legal drink in my presence. :]
Photobucket

On Friday night we got all dressed up and went to our favorite sushi restaurant, Osaka, to officially celebrate Tom's birthday.  We both love sushi and were excited to be out on a date together!  Afterward, we saw "Dinner for Schmucks".  It was so funny!  I would definitely recommend it if you're looking for a light, Summer movie and a good laugh.
Photobucket

We saw "Inception" Saturday afternoon and, I must say, I now understand the hype that has been surrounding it since it was released.  It was amazing!  It is definitely a "thinker" and, although the ending was incredibly frustrating (don't worry...I'm not going to give away any spoilers), I strongly urge everyone to go see it if you haven't already.  I really enjoyed it and will probably see it again at some point just to catch a few of the things that I'm sure I missed the first time around.  After the movie, we stopped at an ATT store because my phone was on the fritz.  They were incredibly unhelpful.  Luckily, my phone fixed itself.  I'm not really sure what's going on there.
That night, we went to dinner with my friends Lindsay, Stephanie, and Mandi.  It was Lindsay's twenty-first birthday, so we all got together to celebrate.  After dinner, we (well, really the two people who are actually of age) made a quick stop at the liquor store.  Here are Tom and Lindsay taking advantage of their new "legal-ness"!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Then, we headed to Mandi's apartment and met up with some more of our friends.  It was SO great to see everyone and spend Lindsay's birthday with her!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Sunday was a little bit of a lazy day.  I had to take a test for my Summer school class and then Tom and I went to the grocery store to get supplies for dinner.  We made Pan Seared Lemon Tilapia with Parmesan Pasta and a side of asparagus.  I think it turned out pretty well!
Photobucket

I realize a lot of this Bits of My Weekend has been about food, but you are what you eat, I guess.  I have been having such a wonderful time here, and the best part is that it's not over yet.  I don't go home until Tuesday night!  I'm trying to make every moment count.

For more Bits from around the country, click here.

Have a good week,
Sara

1 comment:

Jill said...

Was this "liquor store" actually hy-vee? Because i recognize the guy at the check-out. And he kind of looks like he's in a Hy-Vee shirt...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...