Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Another Wednesday, Another Wish List

Happy Wednesday!  This edition of Wish List Wednesday is brought to you from the Carrollton Public Library.  I know, it's Summer.  Go ahead and laugh at me.  I just really needed to shut myself off from the rest of the world and finish up the last few essays I have for my Summer classes.  Get this: the library is packed!  I mean, there are people everywhere!  It is 3:15 on a Wednesday afternoon.  Don't you people have work or something?!

Anyways, I want to just make a comment about the shoes I talked about returning in this post.  In total, I spent $23.13 on the shoes, shipping, and tax.  Talk about a GREAT deal for Steve Madden shoes!  Unfortunately, they were hideous in person and I sent them back.  The shipping to send them back was free, I might add, because a return label was enclosed in the original package.  I got an email yesterday saying that my return has been received and processed and that my total refund was, wait for it, a whole $9.23.  Does this seem low to anyone other than me?!  Apparently, they refunded me the total price of the shoes ($14.95), the tax ($1.23), and then deducted a "handling fee" of $6.95 from my refund.  Ugh, this sucks.

I hope you all had a chance to read last week's somewhat unorthodox wish list.  I don't really have that much to say about it at this point, but I am looking forward to getting more information.  As I said last week, if you (or someone who know) has studied abroad or is in the planning process, please share your experience and any tips you may have with me!  I am crossing my fingers that I have some good news to share about it in the future!

Now for this week's wish list!

1) Carnation Collection Carnation Necklace OR Carnation Collection Quatrefoil Halo Necklace
Every Phi Mu Lady knows and loves the goodies from Carnation Collection!  I have been wanting a pretty, feminine, silver necklace for a while now.  I have a few formal delicate necklaces that I can wear with dressy attire, but they are all gold.  My silver necklaces are all fairly casual, so of course, I turned to the ever-so-feminine Carnation Collection website for some help.  I love both of these necklaces!  At $32 and $54 the prices are pretty reasonable.  There is currently a 6 to 7 week ordering process on both pieces, which I assume is due to their popularity.  I really can't decide which one I like better, but I know that I would be more than willing to wait for either of them!
Photobucket
Photobucket

2) PACK THIS! Notepad
I first saw this product on my friend Brittany's blog when she was packing up her belongings to make her big move to her new apartment in Missoula, Montana.  I instantly knew that this notepad was the answer to my prayers.  I know I've talked about it before (here and really here), but I am the world's worst packer.  I could be packing for vacation, packing to move, or whatever.  It doesn't matter what kind of packing it is.  I get so incredibly frazzled and just can't do it without having some kind of meltdown.  I can't really go into it again because I think the people who know me and have seen my packing skills in action will kill me.  Seriously, read some of my past posts if you don't believe me.  That being said, I think this PACK THIS! notepad from Perpetual Kid will save my life.  The website describes this product as "an exhaustive checklist of everything you could ever need" and that "this organizational tool will help even the most forgetful to arrive and depart fully equipped."  It is contains 60 pages, so once you have marked up one sheet in preparation for a trip, you can tear it off and start all over for the next vacation.  Yes, please!
Photobucket

3) Reebok EasyTone Reeinspire
I first heard about Reebok's toning shoe when my friend Jamie talked about them several months ago.  I have always been quick to make fun of the ridiculous-looking Skecher Shape-Ups.  I mean, those things are ugly!  The EasyTones, however, have the look of a normal athletic shoe and, supposedly, give the wearer the same, if not better, results.  Now, I have no idea if these shoes actually do tone and shape like they are advertised to do, but if money were no object, I would definitely try them out.
Photobucket

4) Stella & Dot Charm Necklace
The necklaces pictured in the link above are just examples of the creations you can create with the charms available on the Stella & Dot website.  I first found out about Stella & Dot when my sorority sister, Ali, scheduled them to do a presentation at our Mom's Weekend luncheon this past April.  My mom treated me to this ring and I surprised her with this bracelet for Mother's Day.  I browse through the website from time to time and have fallen in love with the whimsical charm necklaces you can create to fit your own taste and style.  If I were to get this necklace, I would start with a silver chain.  I would then add the March birthstone charm, the S initial charm, and probably one of the inspiration charms, all in silver.  Of course, these are just the charms I like right now, but that's the great thing about this necklace.  As time goes on, you can add to your collection of charms and change them out as often as you like!  With other options such as whimsicalrelationshipsymbol, and trinket stone charms available, the possibilities are endless!
Photobucket

Well now that I have taken my sweet time posting this wish list and am thoroughly settled into my comfy chair in the library, it is time to leave the blogging world for a little while and do some serious work on my essays.

More to come,
 Sara

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I definitely recommend the pack this pad and the quatrefoil halo necklace!! I got that necklace for my sister's wedding and i looove it-- it looks classy and not fakey!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...