I am an avid reader of my good friend Brittany's blog, so I totally credit her with the idea to include the occasional Wish List Wednesday post on my own blog. I realize that it will no longer be Wednesday in approximately 15 minutes, but it has been a while since I posted and I am feeling a little needy tonight, so I thought I would share some of my desires at the moment.
Although there is a growing list of things I want, I decided to be more experience-oriented tonight, rather than materialistic. :]
1) I want to go to a wedding. Really bad. I am constantly seeing pictures of friends going to the weddings of their friends and families, especially now that it is prime wedding season, and I am always SO jealous! I am 20 years old and have been to 3 weddings total, two of which were when my parents got remarried. The other was the wedding of a family friend when I was 8 years old, so I don't really remember it that much. One of my aunts got married about 7 or so years ago, but they had a private ceremony and only invited everyone to the reception. I am the oldest of my siblings and cousins, so theoretically, the first wedding will be mine. Can someone I know PLEASE get married?! I promise I will get you a good gift and be the most enthusiastic guest/bridesmaid at your wedding!
2) I want to go to a Rangers game. It's not a huge desire of mine or anything, but they are always fun and it's something I like to do with friends, especially during the summer. I also want to go to a Cardinals game, mostly because I've never been to one and it means I would have to be in STL where so many of my dear friends are, so it's a win-win situation.
3) I want to be in Missouri. I hope so much to be back at the end of July for Tom's birthday, but I wish I could visit for an extended amount of time and not have to leave so quickly. I was up there this past weekend and I was the happiest I had been in a while. I'll be posting about my weekend some time in the near future. :]
4) I want to finish reading The Night Trilogy by Elie Wiesel. I just rediscovered my love for reading and have not been able to put the book down for the past two days. It is such an amazing story of such a horrible time in history. I can't wait to finish it and begin reading the wonderful works of Jane Austen. I decided that I am going to read all six of Jane Austen's novels in the order that she wrote them, even though I have already read Pride and Prejudice several times. It's my favorite book.
That's about all I can think of at the moment. One minute to go until it's no longer Wednesday. I need to start packing for my trip that I am leaving for on Saturday. Those of you who know me know that packing is much easier said than done and that I am extremely stressed about it.
I realize it is now technically Thursday, but I remembered one more thing I want.
5) I want two classes that are currently full at UNT to open so I can enroll in them for the upcoming semester. If you are enrolled in ENGL 4150 and/or ENGL 3440 PLEASE drop them! You would make me about a million times happier and make my life about a million times easier. Let's try to make that happen.
More to come,