Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Just think about it.

I'd like to take today to help spread the word about an event coming up that I hold near and dear to my heart.  The Second Annual Andrew Hoien Memorial Volleyball Tournament will be August 7 from 5 to 8pm in Lee's Summit, MO.  Andrew and I lived on the same floor our freshman year at Mizzou and, over the course of the year, our floor became extremely close.  While we were all home for Spring Break and spread out around the country, Andrew suddenly passed away from an Aoritc Dissection.  It was then discovered that Andrew had had Loeys-Dietz Syndrome.
Andrew was, and probably will remain, the funniest person I have ever known.  He always knew how to put a smile on your face, even if you were the target of his jokes.  He was a dedicated sports fan and always made fun of me for being a sorority girl and being so ignorant and uninformed about sports.  He is very, very missed and always in my thoughts.

Photobucket

So, here is my plea to you.  Please think about how you can contribute to this wonderful cause.  All proceeds from the volleyball tournament will go to the Loeys-Dietz Syndrome (LDS) Foundation.  Unfortunately, I am unable to be there because I live in Texas, but I am planning on making a donation.  Think about donating a few hours of your Saturday afternoon or a few dollars of your hard-earned money to this event that Andrew's amazing family is organizing to honor their son.

Check out this flier for more information about Andrew, LDS, and the tournament.

I'll hit the highlights for you, just in case.
-Saturday, August 7, from 5 to 8pm at the Lea McKeighan Sand Courts in Lee's Summit, MO (I'm telling you about this now, so you have time to plan and get a team together!)
-6-on-6 tournament
-ALL participants must be at least 15 years old
-Entry fee is $60/team
-Registration deadline is August 4
-To sign up a team, check the flier for information
-To make a donation, leave a comment on this post and I will get you the information

Like I said, this event is very important to me, my friends, and of course, Andrew's family.  I wish more than anything that I could be there.  Please find it in your heart to participate somehow!

Thank you so much,
Sara

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...