Sunday, July 25, 2010

I dare you.

My friends have always told me that I am "open" in terms of what I tell about myself to others.  In fact, a few of them have told me that I'm too open and am what would be considered an "over-sharer."  I have to admit that I am pretty open with my closest friends when it comes to my own life.  Don't get me wrong, I definitely can and do keep secrets I am told, but I guess I just don't have much to hide when it comes to myself.  There are people who know a lot more than others, but I am a firm believer that things should be talked out with people.  Healthy relationships can't exist with secrets.  :]

Although I have nothing to hide, I never leave the house without makeup on.  I know that the two are not really dealing with the same issue, but I've never thought of it like this before.  I don't want to sound like I walk outside with prom makeup on my face every day, but I definitely always have on at least foundation, blush, and mascara if I'm going somewhere.  Usually, I wear what I consider to be "full" makeup, which is all of that, plus eyeshadow and eyeliner.  Most women I know wear the same thing.  I don't think I'm over the top and I don't think that I hide behind my makeup.  I just wear it because I like how I look with it on and therefore, am more confident about myself.  I have nothing to hide, though.  Hmmm definitely makes you think a little, huh?

Anyways, this all came about from a link I found on another blog that I follow.  So, here it goes.  I take your dare from your dare, but it all started with her dare.
Photobucket
This is me, sans makeup and hair style.  Double whammy!  Oh well, I'm working on Summer school Spanish homework on a Saturday night.  What a glamorous life I lead!

So, I dare you this: post your beautiful, makeup-less face on your own blog.  What are you hiding?

More to come,
Sara

P.S. If you decide to be super awesome and do this, post your link as a comment and keep this going!

6 comments:

rockerest said...

You look beautiful without makeup.

Jordin Leslie said...

http://jordinr.blogspot.com/2010/07/i-double-dog-dare-you.html

a tribute to your dare. LOVE it

Kara said...

gorgeous! love that you did this.

Jill said...

I took your dare! Check out my blog to see!

Katie said...

Good job! Love the post w/ it too!

tiny twig said...

you are DARLING! xo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...