Monday, July 19, 2010

Bits of My Weekend

I got this idea from this blog that I have been faithfully following for about a month now.  Although I do not know the author of this blog personally, I have been deeply touched by her and her family's story and I encourage all of you to check it out!

Basically, Bits of My Weekend will consist of the highlights of my weekend displayed in pictures, words, or a combination of the two.  I realize some weekends will have many more "bits" than others, but this seems like a fun tradition to start and keep up with on Sunday evenings/Monday mornings.

Yesterday was spent at various car dealerships in the area.  Walking around outside on black asphalt all day, in the Texas heat I might add, was quite an experience.  After visiting a few dealerships, test-driving a few cars, and listening to my dad do some vigorous wheeling and dealing, we have something to show for it!

Let me introduce to you my brand new 2010 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8S!!!
Photobucket

I'm in love with the car, especially in the deep, espresso brown color that I got!
Photobucket

Here's the kicker:  My brother, Ethan, got one too.  That was definitely a surprise!
Photobucket

Travis and I had a quick Starbucks date during his break today, making him my first passenger!  He looks so excited, right?
Photobucket

The idea of Bits of My Weekend originated here.  You should check out the creator's blog, Six in the City.  I really love this idea and am excited to keep up with it!  What a good weekend to kick this off!

Have a good week,
Sara

4 comments:

Kate G. said...

Yay! Welcome to Bits of my Weekend! This week was only my second week -- but it's quite addicting, I think. Congrats on the car!

michelle said...

Loved your first Bits of Your Weekend!
Congrats on the new car!

sherilee said...

Love that you and your brother got the same car. How fun.

And welcome to Bits. I've done it since the beginning, and it's rather fun.

Katie said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog and being so sweet about our story! Your blog is super cute! And congrats on the new car!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...